PDA

View Full Version : Florida G8 Owners- Sebring Question?

zosoboogie
01-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Even though I have only been to the drag strip a few times, making a few turns would be nice!!

Would anyone know if there are days where the Sebring Raceway Track is open for cars the do hot laps on the track?

Has anyone done this before?

BSmith
01-06-2009, 07:35 AM
You are going to need to hook up with one of the driving clubs. PCA, Miata Club, Bimmer Club, etc.

I'm not sure about the others, but PCA is the Porsche driving school/club. I think it's $350 for 2 days, and they put an instructor in the car with you to make sure that you know what you are doing, then they sign you off. I'm not sure how long it takes until the sign off either.

I was talking to one of the instructors for the driving school whom has a Camaro, and he said that he loves the Porsche guys because they aren't balls to the wall with the racing. They have expensive cars and because of that are not trying to run anyone off the track, or end up in the tires/wall.

Sebring is also a rough track. It's an old airport so much of it is poured concrete sections. Makes for a rough ride and not always the best for beginners, at least so I am told. I've been to the track many a time when I was working on Porsche's, but have never had a chance to actually drive on it.