PDA

View Full Version : g8gt vs 08 Charger w/ hemi

stryker g8gt
01-04-2009, 08:00 AM
So I had this dk blue Charger pull up next to me at the stop light.....light turn green he took off.....I drove normal......next stop light, a repeat turn green and he took off.......Mean time my 18 yr old son son is telling me, you going to let him beat you, you can take him...you chicken dad.. if you were in your old truck you would of nailed him by now...??? So Third stop light, I pull back up next to him.....we both keep edging up...... we are now lined up bumper to bumper...I finainlly look over at him, as I had not up to this point........street light shown through his front window enough to see through his tinted windows....Just as the light tunred green i was able to see in his car pretty good, and luckily I looked hard......it was a cop.....:camaro:.......needless to say he won. 25 years ago I would of still raced him......with age comes wisdom.

MANOFSTEEL69
01-04-2009, 08:02 AM
;) I make slaying MOPARS my daily mantra.

GRRRR8
01-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Entrapment = I am still blowing him off! I have had it happen and yes it was a pain in the azz, but it did get dismissed and now that I too am wiser, I "guess" I would let him make it. lol

Got 8?
01-05-2009, 03:24 AM
F@#k 'em I still take 'em up to the speed limit. Done it before and would do it again...

-Ray-
01-05-2009, 04:40 AM
That's funny. When I get my haircut in town, the guy always wants me to do a burnout when I leave. I happily oblige. Now that I'm driving the Silverado, he still wanted me to do a burnout. Unfortunately, there was a city cop in getting his haircut too.
I say I can't do a burnout with Lebanon's finest sitting here, and the cop say's, "it's private property". LOL I still lit 'em up.

p71
01-05-2009, 07:41 AM
That's funny. When I get my haircut in town, the guy always wants me to do a burnout when I leave. I happily oblige. Now that I'm driving the Silverado, he still wanted me to do a burnout. Unfortunately, there was a city cop in getting his haircut too.
I say I can't do a burnout with Lebanon's finest sitting here, and the cop say's, "it's private property". LOL I still lit 'em up.

Can still get disturbing the peace for that in texas. It is a misdemeanor. got one in the mall parking lot in my mark 8 a few years ago.

zosoboogie
01-05-2009, 08:30 AM
I was driving from the grocery store I passed a hemi charger with black rims and blacked out windows and I passed him going about 15mph and I thought to myself who the hell puts a 6 foot antenna on the back...well after he pulled me over did I tell the nice officer who didn't give me a ticket for going 15mph over the speed limit, "Officer I was just thinking to myself who in his right mind puts a 6 foot antenna on the back of such a nice car." He chuckled and took me to slow down!!

The Commodore
01-09-2009, 06:23 AM
F@#k 'em I still take 'em up to the speed limit. Done it before and would do it again...

I think they can give you a ticket for reckless driving for doing that. I will never race a Charger unless I can view his whole car and see who is driving. There are too many unmarked ones down here. I was racing a Z28 and as I came up to the light, the Z28 wanted to go again and so did I but I looked over at this Charger thinking he might want to go too, it was a cop and I could barely make it out from the outline in their heavily tinted windows. So I told the guy in the Z28 to shut it down and the cop saw me do it lol.

Sorry Charger boys but either you have a SRT badge or show some identification proving you are not a cop or I will not race you.

I had a story like this on the other board.

Slizzo
01-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I think they can give you a ticket for reckless driving for doing that. I will never race a Charger unless I can view his whole car and see who is driving. There are too many unmarked ones down here. I was racing a Z28 and as I came up to the light, the Z28 wanted to go again and so did I but I looked over at this Charger thinking he might want to go too, it was a cop and I could barely make it out from the outline in their heavily tinted windows. So I told the guy in the Z28 to shut it down and the cop saw me do it lol.

Sorry Charger boys but either you have a SRT badge or show some identification proving you are not a cop or I will not race you.

I had a story like this on the other board.

There's an unmarked SRT-8 cruiser around here where I live. Guy is always gunning traffic on the side of the highways.

Must say, I've never seen a cruiser that was an SRT-8, only RTs.