PDA

View Full Version : G8GT vs. 350Z [with turbo & front intercooler]

ddub_g8
01-02-2009, 03:42 PM
I saw this guy and just had to follow him onto the interstate. caught up to him and followed from 80 to 100+ with no issue he did not pull away. Then I had a chance to pass, he was on it and so was I, from about 85-90 up to 120 or so, I was passing him and would have had a car length but then hit traffic and got back behind him, we did the same thing 2-3 more times, same result, I nearly passed and hit more traffic, one time I did pull 1/2 car length, I heard his turbo spooling up but I was still pulling ahead steady, but not blowing him away.
after this we both hit more traffic and exited and both exchanged smiles and a 'peace' sign. it was awesome, i thought for sure a turbo 350z would be a stiff competitor, but he wasn't that fast, must've not been too high boost, and wasn't too loud of a turbo. still a good little race, I love that my sedan beats a 2dr roadster that LOOKS fast... :nah:

TheTugBoat
01-02-2009, 04:36 PM
i ran a turbo 350z with a 67mm on it, fully built, when i was stock and that thing put busses on me from a roll...sorry but i have a tough time believing this...

NYG8GT
01-02-2009, 04:55 PM
He either had a boost leak or one of those sweet intakes that looks like an FMIC but isnt. No way youre keeping even with a boosted 350 thats 100% on the throttle.

foreosu
01-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I said it on the other site and I'll say it here... This story is complete BS. No doubt in my mind.

ddub_g8
01-02-2009, 09:09 PM
I am with you guys, I know the G8 is fast, but it isn't a corvette as was mentioned. I know I saw a front mount Intercooler, there is no mistaking it, and trust me, it wasn't just some mesh grille, I saw the tanks and tubing on either side of it through the lower front grille. It didn't sound really modded when he got on it, so maybe the intercooler was not functional, I don't know. Maybe he was just messing with me and got on it some and let me THINK I was able to pass him? Maybe he just had a crappy turbo or supercharger system that made his ride not much faster, I am not the 350Z expert, I know they have 300HP+ stock and are rather lighter than a G8 so yeah why didn't he disappear into 150mph in a flash...

GT-610
01-03-2009, 03:27 PM
story makes sense to me...they are much faster down low...if he was modded heavy,yeah he would have killed you.
Its not like this guy is bragging about it...
I killed a last gen z easily 3 times from diff speeds,but up top was no contest,closer down low

TheTugBoat
01-03-2009, 05:06 PM
a last gen stock z with body kits isn't a real race...i'm talkin fully built turbo one's roll out from the weight/hp ratio they have going

The Commodore
01-09-2009, 06:29 AM
a last gen stock z with body kits isn't a real race...i'm talkin fully built turbo one's roll out from the weight/hp ratio they have going

IIRC 350's are heavier than one might believe for a 2 seater. If he did not have the turbo tuned properly(which I have seen somewhat in the "import" scene because they like saying it has a turbo more than proving it's worth) then I can believe the story.

Oskinosmee
02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
:lies: