PDA

View Full Version : Gauge sending units

wreckwriter
01-01-2009, 06:13 AM
OK, I'm assuming the ProCharger system will have a means of attaching a boost pressure sending unit. Can anyone confirm this? If not, how and where would such a sender be plumbed into the system?

Secondly, what about fuel pressure? How and where can a sender be added for this? What specific sender will work and what adapters might be needed? I understand this may be trickier than usual due to the returnless system we have.

wreckwriter
01-01-2009, 06:43 AM
I think I found the answer, from an unlikely source:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?p=60807&highlight=fuel+pressure+gauge#post60807

Can anyone confirm this is all that will be needed? I'm wondering if the fuel rail fitting is really AN; aren't most factory flares 45 degree as opposed to AN 37 degree?

GRRRR8
01-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Boost is vacuum, so you tie it in to a vac. port. Not the brake booster hose. I will look at the fuel rail and let you know about that.

wreckwriter
01-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Boost is vacuum, so you tie it in to a vac. port. Not the brake booster hose. I will look at the fuel rail and let you know about that.

I never considered using the brake booster....

GRRRR8
01-01-2009, 09:15 AM
The boost is the easy part. Vac supply, and hook the light up, DONE.

wreckwriter
01-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Yea, I'm expecting the blower system has a port made for that purpose. Just got confirmation that the AN fitting for the fuel rail will work for the fuel pressure too.