PDA

View Full Version : Spencers HIDS Install

texn884
08-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I am leaning towards Spencers HIDS and want to do the low beams and fog lights since I do lots of night time driving in the boonies of Texas and the fricking Deer seem to love to jump out in front of you at night.

I am looking for a installer near San Antonio or somewhere near. Spencers seems to be a nice operation from what I have read, kind of like Adams Products.

Any suggestions?

mgm6.0l
08-25-2011, 09:21 PM
I went with spencers as well. But until I get the hid bulbs back that came in.broken then I cant twll you if I like the kit or not. It also took me about a dang month to get the kit in. now ive been waiting on my bulbs to be returned to me and its been about a month wtf spencer? Ive emailed him called him and nothing.

I wish you better luck then I had in recieving your package if you order from him.

AVIDMOTION
08-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Spencers and Billletprototypes are in cohoots!

texn884
08-26-2011, 06:14 AM
He answered a bunch of emails from me yesterday real fast.

jhilliard14
08-26-2011, 06:28 AM
Don't bother with an installer. HID installs are pretty simple.

mgm6.0l
09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
He answered a bunch of emails from me yesterday real fast.

He must hate me then, because I never got one email back from him or a phone call. No more spencers for me..

Eidolon
09-06-2011, 05:24 AM
Spencer himself can be a little scatterbrained. It took me a month to get my kit from him as well. He was out of the fog ballasts, so he shipped those separately later, but even then he neglected to send the fog-connector-to-relay harness. By that point I was tired of waiting, so I just threw something together myself involving wires, blade connectors, and electrical tape.

The service was good, but it took a while. Stay after him, call him and bug him, and you will get what you paid for, though. Now that I've got the ballasts and bulbs themselves, they work just fine.

Also, I agree. No installer is needed for this. It's a simple job. Took me a few hours to do everything, including getting the car up, apart, back together, and back down.

mgm6.0l
09-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Hell I got the new bulbs that he sent me which took about a month or more to get today and those are broken as well! Im going to contact him and hopefully he answers the phone...