PDA

View Full Version : G8 GT vs '99/00 Firebird

TheTugBoat
12-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Car was either a '99 or '00...I have thread up on ls1tech and i'm pretty sure i've met the guy before just cant figure out which black firebird owner it was.

comin back from philly to lancaster and i see this T/A coming up on the highway...

1st run
i slow down and let traffic go ahead so i can start pacing him, he sees me and jumps on it and pulls in front of me, we pass a couple cars and he nails it with me about 1/2 a car behind...this is at about 70? i follow suit and stop his pull and start reeling him and by 120 i was front end to his rear bumper and we both shut down for a van in his lane...

2nd run
i take the leader spot and we pass the van i move over into the right lane and see his headlights rise up like he was about to wheelie, lol joke obviously, and he comes screaming up next to me i drop it into 3rd at 80 (straight into the G8's powerband...3800-6200) and by the time his rear bumper is at my nose ~110 (damn he hauls out from his hit) his pull is no more and i actually start pulling...by the time we hit 145 and my buddy is like "dude fuck 145" i shut down with his front end on my rear bumper (in any other context that shit sounds real gay lol).

we take a nice cruise to our respective exits at normal people speeds and part ways at the fork at rt 30/283.

bwooten492
12-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Cool man. What is done to both of the cars?

TheTugBoat
12-31-2008, 07:03 AM
still waiting to find out about his...mine is just custom dyno tuned

'02 ws6
01-27-2009, 10:15 PM
The TA would have to be close to stock or just exhaust w/ lid or something along those lines if you were keeping up that close w/ just a tune. I got mauled by my buddies Z28 which was bolt ons - full exhaust, lid, p/p TB, and pulley,.....It got worse when we installed his cam!!

TheTugBoat
01-27-2009, 10:32 PM
ehhh, i got a pretty nasty tune, he coulda had full-bolt ons and that's it. don't forget i didn't start pulling till he was running close to out of gear and i was middle of 4th.