PDA

View Full Version : Almost 100,000 miles on the Black Rat!

texn884
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I am at almost 94,000 miles on her now:facepalm2: and getting so close to the 100,000 mile mark on the clock.

I know I have certain items like flush the transmission and rear end and flush the coolant and replace the belts which I have from Greg. Anything else I should do once it get to that mile stone?

The car runs perfect and not sure about changing out the spark plugs since it it running perfect and still knocking down great fuel mileage. Changing out the plugs does it require any special tools besides the normal wrench and socket and should I replace the wires also?

Just wanting some expert opinions from the mechanics in here.:thumbsup:

Thanks

popsicle
08-09-2011, 06:54 PM
If I did the plugs I would do the wires

Adam
08-09-2011, 07:56 PM
If I did the plugs I would do the wires

X2

I would flush all fluids. From brakes to power steering. Plugs/wires belts etc. With the coolant out, I would swap out the thermostat. Look into the cost of new radiator hoses. Not sure on the cost, but that should tie you over.

I have not replaced the G8s plugs on mine but I would think just a spark plug socket would get it out.

travis gore
08-10-2011, 01:20 AM
nothing special needed to replace the plugs

Sephiroth
08-10-2011, 03:39 AM
every 100K G8 should have a full rotissery restoration. it's on page 435 of the users manual under ''required maintenance''

Changing out the plugs does it require any special tools besides the normal wrench and socket and should I replace the wires also?

Torque wrench.

Look into the cost of new radiator hoses. Not sure on the cost, but that should tie you over.

If they're <$20 a pop I'd do em, if they're more like $30, I wouldn't bother. Mileage isn't so much a factor for rubber parts such as that as age is.

texn884
08-10-2011, 06:43 AM
I had the brakes flushed when I had the new rotors installed.
I think the transmission and rear end will come first and at the same time replace the belts it they are looking like they are wearing and get the PS flushed also.

I been starting to gather parts from Greg, I got the belts already.