PDA

View Full Version : sooo i just bought a g8 now what to do next.....

slow02gt
08-08-2011, 06:57 AM
so i found a g8 i couldnt pass up for a good price... its an 09 with 22k miles on it

it already has

tinted windows
dod delete
custom cam(small) 221/227 566/567
push rods,pac 600 lift springs,ls7 lifters ls2 oil pump
roto fab cold air
kooks long tubes
kooks x pipe
stock axle backs
6k hids in headlights(got the fogs on the way already)
stock suspension

ok so i already ordered lowering springs and going to get a after market axle back...car is wayyyy to quite for me..

what other mods can i look at into doing to make a small difference? i know i could get a converter but going to do that stuff along with a bigger cam later after i finish my mustang build..

whats the deal with the catch cans? do they really get that much blow by to acutally need it?

its going to be my daily so anything i need to stay away from? i may take it to the track once just to see how she does now..and then later after i do the converter and other little stuff..but really just play with it on the street. what about the tunnel brace i keep reading in peoples sig list is that really need and what the purpose?

but not really going to track the car to much...thats what i have my 02 mustang gt im building for..

thanks for any info!!!!!!!!

travis gore
08-08-2011, 07:14 AM
yes on the catch can
rear end bushings
tunnel brace is good but not without the sub frame connectors
if you get wheel hop then Gforce axles,toe rods and trailing arms.
oem rear shocks are not the best

do not go very large on the hid fogs you will melt the fogs!!!

Welcome to the forum. you already have a great start on your G8!

slow02gt
08-08-2011, 07:45 AM
I have played with it from a dig a few times (just went picked the car up friday) and didnt have any wheel hop just a nice even spin...and the fogs are 6k also...so how long do the rear end bushing last or how many miles b4 them seem to be wore out?

jhilliard14
08-08-2011, 07:52 AM
It's not the temp. that matters for the fogs, it's the wattage.

slow02gt
08-08-2011, 08:15 AM
so what temp do i need so i can make sure its right?

jhilliard14
08-08-2011, 08:18 AM
They have to be 25w. Anything over that will most likely melt the housings.

popsicle
08-08-2011, 08:18 AM
port throttle body and intake manifold

Adam
08-08-2011, 08:41 AM
1.8 rockers. About a 3000 Circle D stall and you will be pretty golden for what you are going for.

I12XLR8
08-08-2011, 09:07 AM
It's not the temp. that matters for the fogs, it's the wattage.

It's actually not the temp or the wattage that matters IF you get the proper size. I have 35W 6K fogs in mine but they are shorter than normal and give me no issues whatsoever. 12035 (Sorry, still can't figure out how to get a picture out of an email onto my desktop :loser: )

About the other mods, make sure the previous owner did the free bass mod (http://www.forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?p=64514#post64514), and throw a set of BMR sways on it to really tone down the body roll for spirited street driving.

If it's not too personal of a question...how much did you pay for this modded car?

Steve GT
08-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I'll sell you a Livernois cam, haha. Stats are in my sig ;)

kendall.alston
08-08-2011, 11:17 AM
...blower....blower....blower...Blower....BLOWER!! !! BLOWER!!!! BLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

slow02gt
08-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Not puttin a blower on it any time soon.....

What is the free bass mod? Car already has a L7 10 in a lil ported box so dont think I need the bass mod....what kind of intake is decent on these cars and not pay 1100 for a fast? Do people just throw a ls3 or ls6 intake on them? and forgot to mention tb is already ported.....and I got the car for 19k..

G8 GT V8
08-08-2011, 01:54 PM
She already has an LS3 intake on her (L76 and LS3 share the same intake)...some guys just get their intake ported but I've seen mixed results on it so you'll have to research it a little more to see if it's really something that you want to do...

slow02gt
08-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Ahhhhhh ok....

slow02gt
08-14-2011, 02:05 PM
ok so what are some little mods i can do? i see the catch can thing...does it really get that much blow by to need 1 when n/a? what about the heater relocation i have read in peoples sigs?

slow02gt
08-14-2011, 02:08 PM
can somebody give me a site to get the right HID's for my fogs please so i get the right ones and dont melt my shit lol

I12XLR8
08-14-2011, 02:53 PM
can somebody give me a site to get the right HID's for my fogs please so i get the right ones and dont melt my shit lol

Contact my guy through this site http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-auto-body-parts-LED-lights-for-Honda-and-Acura-interior-and-exterior-bulbs-W0QQAdIdZ261286441 and mention that you talked to Grant from Ottawa. He was able to source me short 880's in 6K 35W and I have had no heating issues whatsoever.

His units also come with slim ballasts so you don't have to deal with the old mammoth one's that some suppliers still use. On my 6K headlights I was able to fit the whole set-up INTO the headlight assembly and have not had any issues whatsoever! He is in Canada so if he won't ship to you I'm sure he could at least let you know where to find them.

Let me know how it goes.

BLKG8
08-14-2011, 04:34 PM
The fog light bulb is a 5202.

sdown
08-14-2011, 04:35 PM
ok so what are some little mods i can do? i see the catch can thing...does it really get that much blow by to need 1 when n/a? what about the heater relocation i have read in peoples sigs?
Catch can is an inexpensive and easy to install mod, that I feel is a great addition. I get about a 1/4 of a can full of milky sludge at each oil change (about 10,000 km or 6000 miles). I have the Billet's model and it works great.

I12XLR8
08-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Contact my guy through this site http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-auto-body-parts-LED-lights-for-Honda-and-Acura-interior-and-exterior-bulbs-W0QQAdIdZ261286441 and mention that you talked to Grant from Ottawa. He was able to source me short 880's in 6K 35W and I have had no heating issues whatsoever.

His units also come with slim ballasts so you don't have to deal with the old mammoth one's that some suppliers still use. On my 6K headlights I was able to fit the whole set-up INTO the headlight assembly and have not had any issues whatsoever! He is in Canada so if he won't ship to you I'm sure he could at least let you know where to find them.

Let me know how it goes.

The fog light bulb is a 5202.

My sincerest apologies!!! :facepalm2: I was writing this too fast and made the same mistake my supplier did - 880's?!?!?!?!! The actual fitment IS 5202 as BLKG8 mentioned and this is what I have in mine.

Catch can is an inexpensive and easy to install mod, that I feel is a great addition. I get about a 1/4 of a can full of milky sludge at each oil change (about 10,000 km or 6000 miles). I have the Billet's model and it works great.

I collect the same amount although my caught oil looks like it came out of the bottle! I have been criticized by ricer friends for 'needing' this but for the small investment I'd rather keep that extra oil out of the combustion chamber. Plus, as silly as it might sound my engine bay was vacant looking after the Vararam install so it was a nice filler.

I also have Billet's but if you order from James plan on a loooooong wait. You'll get it, just be patient!

I12XLR8
08-14-2011, 04:46 PM
What is the free bass mod?

The stock amp has a gain control that is set to 50% from the factory. A quick twist of the dial gets a bit more kick out of the subs which you might not need now if you've got an extra 10"

.....and I got the car for 19k..

WOW! Sounds like a great deal!