PDA

View Full Version : Surf City Garage "Beyond Clay"

MABG8er
12-29-2008, 11:22 AM
My gf got me some of this stuff and more of their excellent "Dash Away" interior cleaner for xmas :woohoo: Anyways, I can't use it yet because it has to be applied by machine, luckily I was thinking about getting a DA polisher soon anyways(you know what would be cool, if the porter cable could be switched from DA to just orbital for even less aggression).

Anyways, this stuff is supposed to be like a clay bar, but safe to use more than once or twice a year. Kinda sounds like your typical paint cleaner. So what sort of foam pad do you think would work best for this stuff? I called them to ask but they haven't gotten back to me. I was thinking that one of the polishing(white) pads would probably work best since they're somewhat gentle. But what would you guys suggest?

-Ray-
12-30-2008, 04:27 AM
My gf got me some of this stuff and more of their excellent "Dash Away" interior cleaner for xmas :woohoo: Anyways, I can't use it yet because it has to be applied by machine, luckily I was thinking about getting a DA polisher soon anyways(you know what would be cool, if the porter cable could be switched from DA to just orbital for even less aggression).

Anyways, this stuff is supposed to be like a clay bar, but safe to use more than once or twice a year. Kinda sounds like your typical paint cleaner. So what sort of foam pad do you think would work best for this stuff? I called them to ask but they haven't gotten back to me. I was thinking that one of the polishing(white) pads would probably work best since they're somewhat gentle. But what would you guys suggest?

Unless you plan on using this on an old Datsun, I wouldn't use it on your new car. I don't think your paint is faded yet.
Wax, don't polish unless needed.

Chewy
12-30-2008, 05:36 AM
OK we have to teach you how to post URL's so that the rest of us know what the hell you're talking about! lol

http://www.surfcitygarage.com/detail1.php?product_id=351

I'd probably just use a foam pad.

It may be "beyond clay" but at least with clay you don't have to have a machine... I've never seen or heard of clay scratching before but I suppose anything is possible if you're stupid and don't use enough lubricant.

I have a PC DA and I think if you take the weight off it will act more like an orbital. Maybe not... Just got it.

Chris

stryker g8gt
12-30-2008, 03:16 PM
They do make variable speed polishers, otherwise just get an orbital from sears, they were on sale........and they are not expensive.

The only time I have seen clay scratch a auto is after it was dropped in the dirt, and the idiot tried to pick it clean and reuse it.....