PDA

View Full Version : Import rh drive parts?

jasontamu
12-29-2008, 12:23 AM
hi,

Im looking to buy a G8 and im wanting to see where can i get/purchase all the components for a RH drive conversion?

Im confident i can handle the mechanic work as i have done other rh drive conversions....ie. nissan's.......auto-to-manual swaps, etc.......but i wouldnt know where to get the parts for a G8 RH drive swap.

anyhelp is greatly appreciated...

thanks,
-J

MANOFSTEEL69
12-29-2008, 04:00 AM
The money you're going to spend doing that you might as well just buy a Holden and ship it over. Check out www.ebay.au for a start, and possibly "Crazy" Paul....He might have some good leads for you.

jasontamu
12-29-2008, 08:10 AM
^^ actually shouldnt cost that much, i have watched videos/read of the assembly of the G8, it was actually developed with world wide sales in mind.

center console:
if you look at the ebrake/parking brake they developed one center counsel with either a left hand or right hand pull brake handle, the opposite side will be a fake handle.

DASH:
if you look at the dash its a 3 piece dash, two different dashes were not developed.

pedals:
pedal assy swap right over, firewall is the same, from what i read, all knock outs and mount points are there for steering column, pedals, brake booster, etc.

HELP NEEDED WITH:
i was hope'n to find someone that knew what i needed? had pics maybe of a rh drive set up? pics of the pedal area, dash, parking brake set up under the car where the cables connect...etc.

-J

LDV60
01-04-2009, 06:31 PM
What sort of pics you need?
I'm happy to take some if you can tell me what you want me to point the camera at.
:)

jasontamu
01-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks!

please take pictures of everything that makes the car a RH drive...

ENGINE BAY AREA:
1. show me the steering column, and steering knuckle, show me the steering rack and how the steering column connects to it. Im guessing the RH drive steering rack is a different part number for sure.

2. show me RH exhaust manifolds, etc. to accommodate steering column, etc.

3. show me how the brake booster mounts and how the brake lines are routed from a rh drive brake booster.

INTERIOR:
4. Can you show me behind the carpet, the firewall area, how the pedals attach, how the steering column goes through.

5. pics of the center column, show me the hand brake and if u can jack the car up, can you take pics of how the e-brake mechanism is mounted under the car. To my understanding its the same mechanism but only the handle is swaped over to the other side is all??

Front bumper/hood:
6. Can you take a pic of the hood center section, i plan on buying the commodore front bumper and simply cutting the "tip" off the center of the factory pontiac hood to match how the commodore hood doesnt have that center tip....

I really appreciate any pics you can take.......
thanks,
Jason

Dr. Glock
01-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Jason,
A few of the guys on the board discussed installing a manual transmission. The parts are available and reasonably priced from Holmart in Australia. Some had objections that such a swap would be difficult because the right hand drive vs. left hand drive. I understand from you that all the pedal mounts for clutch pedal ect. and knockout points for cables are there for installation of a manual in the G8?
Thanks

jasontamu
01-05-2009, 08:59 PM
^^ i want to say yes, but i dont know for sure, look inside your car and check on the passenger side..

from my experience on rh drive conversions, most firewalls are identical as far as pedal mount holes, existing threaded nuts welded as nutplates, knockouts for wiring, etc are on a single design firewall..........

thats why im asking for pics of a rh drive from one of our oversea's members...

-j

Crazy Paul
01-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Getting the parts is no problem.
Holden have warehouses full of RHD parts here.

You'd have to work your way through all the pics etc and come up with a list of everything you need.

It's a simple matter then to get the list priced up.

The most difficult part would be working out the total packaged size of everything to get an accurate shipping quote.

jasontamu
01-06-2009, 04:28 AM
^^ I see you are a parts supplier? do you have a web site link or how do we order rh drive parts?

-j

Crazy Paul
01-06-2009, 04:41 AM
I'm making a website as we speak.
It won't have RHD parts on there tho.

Just send me an e-mail with the list of parts and I'll work on it for you.
What city will they be shipped to ?

pjsadler@iinet.net.au

: )
Crazy Paul

jasontamu
01-06-2009, 04:43 AM
I'm in Dallas, Texas.

Awesome! im gonna stay in touch.

LDV60 - any pics yet?
-J