PDA

View Full Version : Warranty on the battery will they mess with my tune?

white lightning
07-10-2011, 05:49 AM
Well I recharged the battery and its dead in 1 day without even driving the car. So should I go for warranty or buy my own? I wouldn't keep it for more than 2 yrs anyway, but money's tight now. When the factory battery in my 02 camaro was about 3 yrs old it started leaking and burned the paint off the frame and suspension, so I'm not sure I want another GM battery. Will the dealership check or mess with my tune?

svtcobra
07-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Just go and get replacement battery yourself, It is very easy to replace battery in G8. If you decide to have dealership do it, there is no reason for them to check tune, they will just charge you to replace battery.

matthewo
07-10-2011, 09:16 AM
If you diy walmart sells an everstart 94r (direct fit). That's a tiny bit more powerful then the stock battery for $85, it's by far the cheapest battery for the g8. Everstart is made by the same company that makes all the autoparts store batteries. It's got a 3 year replacement warrenty and I have been using it as my single battery in my car with aftermarket audio Amps that draw almost 200 amps at full tilt(hardly ever).

But it's a good battery none the less, and cheap

texn884
07-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Johnson Controlls makes most of the batteries out there except Interstate.

white lightning
07-11-2011, 05:29 PM
If you diy walmart sells an everstart 94r (direct fit). That's a tiny bit more powerful then the stock battery for $85, it's by far the cheapest battery for the g8. Everstart is made by the same company that makes all the autoparts store batteries. It's got a 3 year replacement warrenty and I have been using it as my single battery in my car with aftermarket audio Amps that draw almost 200 amps at full tilt(hardly ever).

But it's a good battery none the less, and cheap

Wow that is a good price compared to Autozones $160.00

Beefynca
08-01-2011, 05:50 PM
My 2009 PBM died from forgetting to start it up often enough. It still only has 12611 miles on it. I priced the correct size battery everywhere and ended up at Walmart also. I feel like driving it to the dealers driveway and swapping out the battery to the dead one and see if they warranty it.