PDA

View Full Version : kooks headers on 06 gto

btorres0770
12-27-2008, 11:31 PM
hey charlie i was at midas the other day with the black gto with the corsa exhaust....anywho i am currently looking into headers and everyone keeps telling me that kooks lt headers are one of the best. i never bought aftermarket headers before so i really dont know much about them other then the basic. so my questions are is 1 7/8 overkill for my pretty much stock car? or should i just get the 1 3/4. Is the 18" o2 ext better for my car then the 12" o2 ext. also if i were to get them how long will it take for yall to install them and about how much. thanks for your help

g8_795
12-28-2008, 09:16 AM
I just installed Kooks on an 06 GTO two weeks ago. The quality was very nice but we did have to cut a body bolt off of the GTO for clearance. We installed the 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 step headers. This could have been the reason behind the clearance problem??? Any way, the header setup with the high high flow cats was about $1500 I believe.

The installation was a beast compared to the G8. We had to lift the engine and remove the steering gear to install the driver side. The passenger side was very easy.
-Robert

GRRRR8
12-28-2008, 09:26 AM
hey charlie i was at midas the other day with the black gto with the corsa exhaust....anywho i am currently looking into headers and everyone keeps telling me that kooks lt headers are one of the best. i never bought aftermarket headers before so i really dont know much about them other then the basic. so my questions are is 1 7/8 overkill for my pretty much stock car? or should i just get the 1 3/4. Is the 18" o2 ext better for my car then the 12" o2 ext. also if i were to get them how long will it take for yall to install them and about how much. thanks for your help

PM sent.