PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to go from sport shift to M-shift and back again?

bobyoung
12-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Is there anyway to go from sport shift to M-shift and back again without having to go back to normal shift? Seems there should be a button which would allow you to go back and forth between the two positions without having to put it all the way back to normal shift. I like to use m-shift sometime down hills or go through the gears and would then just like to leave it in sport shift and let it shift by itself without having to go back to normal shift, can it this be not done or am I not reading the manual correctly?

GeorgeInNePa
12-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Is there anyway to go from sport shift to M-shift and back again without having to go back to normal shift? Seems there should be a button which would allow you to go back and forth between the two positions without having to put it all the way back to normal shift. I like to use m-shift sometime down hills or go through the gears and would then just like to leave it in sport shift and let it shift by itself without having to go back to normal shift, can it this be not done or am I not reading the manual correctly?

If there is a way, I haven't found it yet.

I just do a quick "Left, Right" with the shifter.

PS
Fixed your spelling in the title.

TheTugBoat
12-26-2008, 09:24 AM
if you tap the shifter ever so slightly towards normal D and let it snap itself back to sport it works like a charm...go like 40% of the way back towards normal D and it should just slide back over to sport

bobyoung
12-26-2008, 05:12 PM
if you tap the shifter ever so slightly towards normal D and let it snap itself back to sport it works like a charm...go like 40% of the way back towards normal D and it should just slide back over to sport

Thanks I'll try that.