PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Take This $^*#$%ing...

Seattle09GT
06-15-2011, 04:47 PM
...weather anymore.

Executor999
06-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah I hear ya. I'm fed up too. Black depression and functional alcoholism is not a fun combination :)

boi1da
06-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Move to Texas, its been SCORCHING hot since the last week in May with hardly a cloud in the sky.

08G8V8
06-15-2011, 08:08 PM
I hear you, but I've been working so much, it doesn't matter what the weather is like outside! I'd rather it just be raining, than know it's nice out while I'm at work.

Move to Texas, its been SCORCHING hot since the last week in May with hardly a cloud in the sky.

Been there, done that.......don't miss that!

Seattle09GT
06-15-2011, 09:21 PM

I did 8 years in Houston...

Chewy
06-17-2011, 06:21 AM
I hear ya!!!

Steveo9043
06-17-2011, 07:04 AM
It looks like I have the rest of today to enjoy a decent day. Weather is calling for storms the next 5 days

Seattle09GT
06-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Well of course they changed Saturday's forecast today from a 20% chance of showers to an 80% of rain. Last year POCI was a disaster, a complete wash out. The year before was a violent thunderstorm with hail. I think I'm going to say "pass" this year given the forecast for Sunday is identical to last years. ARGH - this freakin' sucks. All this work on the car and I can't enjoy it. I fucking hate Seattle.

Chewy
06-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Well of course they changed Saturday's forecast today from a 20% chance of showers to an 80% of rain. Last year POCI was a disaster, a complete wash out. The year before was a violent thunderstorm with hail. I think I'm going to say "pass" this year given the forecast for Sunday is identical to last years. ARGH - this freakin' sucks. All this work on the car and I can't enjoy it. I fucking hate Seattle.

I believe it's most of the country... lol Did you see my picture above? I live in the middle of the country, and it's rained at least twice a week since it stopped snowing twice a week...

I haven't hand washed my car since March because of it. I fully corrected my paint and now it's dirty all the time. I feel your pain!

Executor999
06-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Last year POCI was a disaster, a complete wash out.

This is why I didn't even bother driving up for it last year. :(

Seattle09GT
06-17-2011, 08:45 AM
This is why I didn't even bother driving up for it last year. :(

Dude. You missed nothing. They should have given every person that showed up and stayed until the end a trophy for tenacity and/or stupidity. When we left the house in Edmonds it was cloudy but no rain, and my daughter and I had gotten the G8 to PERFECT. It started raining just south of Auburn (of course) and then it just rained, all day. I think if you drove in 10 miles in any direction from Puyallup it was partly cloudy. And it wasn't the Pacific Northwest drizzle you can deal with it rain, it poured - my car turned out to be parked in a depression that turned into a small shallow pond. When it would stop raining everyone would get out of their cars, dry them off and then it would start to rain again - after about the third time of this cycle I gave up. Stayed to the end.

Seattle09GT
06-17-2011, 08:47 AM
I believe it's most of the country... lol Did you see my picture above? I live in the middle of the country, and it's rained at least twice a week since it stopped snowing twice a week...

I haven't hand washed my car since March because of it. I fully corrected my paint and now it's dirty all the time. I feel your pain!

My G8 sits in the garage - and lately, that's all its done. My weather beater van got hand washed for the first time since we bought in October last weekend. It was so clean when we were done that on Monday at work I walked right by it - I was looking for the gray van not the bronze one apparently.

Ya, the whole country has had serious f-ed up weather. If you're in Texas you're getting the sun, the problem is you're getting 100+ degrees with it. The rest is just insanity.

This is the second year in a row we've had no spring to speak of in Puget Sound - and I was just reading that this was the coldest spring in Washington state history, going back 116 years, and the 7th wettest. Hooray!

Chewy
06-17-2011, 09:53 AM
I'll be damned to own a vehicle that only see's sun... They're too expensive and too much fun to drive. No car is so special to be stored all the time IMO.

Seattle09GT
06-17-2011, 02:15 PM
I'll be damned to own a vehicle that only see's sun... They're too expensive and too much fun to drive. No car is so special to be stored all the time IMO.

Oh I drive the G8 in the rain. The problem is I have only been to one drag race (either weather or work). Exotics at RTC has been rained out weekend after weekend, as has Lynnwood's Cars and Tacos event on Friday nights. AutoX and DPE sucks in the rain - and the other thing, its been cold. We just had our coldest spring as far as weather records go - a couple of mornings ago it was 48 degrees and raining, I had to use the darn ass warmers.

I just want some sun - enough of the liquid sunshine. I haven't been able to clay bar my G8 since 2009 (for real).

Seattle09GT
06-18-2011, 09:12 PM
60% chance of rain in the morning tomorrow - I'm not going to POCI.

Hopefully weather will be better for Greenwood next week.

Executor999
06-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah, today was all rain here in Hillsboro. More than I expected. Unbelievable.

Seattle09GT
06-18-2011, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Executor999;379270]Yeah, today was all rain here in Hillsboro. More than I expected. Unbelievable.[/QUOTE

The forecast is almost a perfect repeat from last year - just not interested in rolling the dice. I remember Greenwood last year the weather was PERFECT. It was the first really really nice day last year, hopefully a repeat; it is a tremendous car show.

Executor999
06-18-2011, 10:07 PM
The forecast is almost a perfect repeat from last year - just not interested in rolling the dice. I remember Greenwood last year the weather was PERFECT. It was the first really really nice day last year, hopefully a repeat; it is a tremendous car show.

When is that happening?

Seattle09GT
06-19-2011, 10:28 AM
When is that happening?

Saturday, June 25, 2011. One of the biggest in the Pacific Northwest, part of Sea Fair.

http://greenwoodcarshow.com/

They shut down over 1-1/2 miles of streets, tens of thousands of people show up. All of the shops, bars and restaurants are open, and most of them are running specials. There is street performers, bands, tons of vendors, etc. etc. One of the most fun, and one of the best shows I've been too.

I was posting about this in February trying to get a group of us together to go so we could get preference as a club. You can still register via US mail (I would do it tomorrow at the latest) for $25. No prayer of winning anything but I look at it as paying $25 for a premium parking spot for the day to check out everything else going on.

I'd love for maybe next year (start working on it this year) to get a group of Australian cars (Ford Falcons, Holden Monaro, GTO, Mercury Capri convertible, G8, Commodore and conversions) as a group for next year. If we could get ten cars together they will recognize us as a club, reserve special spot for us, priority entry, etc. etc.

christiancoach
06-19-2011, 12:08 PM
I got sunburned at last years Greenwood Car Show! Perfect Weather. Wish I wasn't going to be in Vancouver.

wreckwriter
06-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Rains every fuckin day here. Out of about 12 scheduled races, exactly 2 have happened.

Seattle09GT
06-19-2011, 08:15 PM
I got sunburned at last years Greenwood Car Show! Perfect Weather. Wish I wasn't going to be in Vancouver.

Last year the weather started shaky, damp and cool, but around mid-day the sun came out, burned it all off and it got up to about 80 degrees. Long range forecast for next weekend SUCKS again; lows 60's and rain. I'm going to Greenwood no matter what, I'll buy a couple of those 10X10 pop up canopies if I have to.

Ben2009GT
06-22-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't miss Texas let's see born and raised there 47 yrs it's always been hot and always will be there. Houston for 30 yrs and don't miss the dirty smelly air but have lots family there. But as for my G8 it's my daily driver rain or shine or snow. Love the car not to drive it so much fun.