PDA

View Full Version : Is 41k miles for a GT alot?

Jedi_13
06-04-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm thinking of buying a stryker blue GT and was wondering if 41k miles is kinda high or on the verge of being high mileage. Thanks in advance.

jzpiano
06-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I guess a lot of it depends on the price they are asking compared to the mileage of the car. You also didn't mention the year of the car either.

AVIDMOTION
06-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Just broken in.....

Panzer Leader
06-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Depends on how many quarter mile runs. LOL

Darkmanx
06-04-2011, 11:24 AM
mileage doesnt matter anymore on newer cars its all how it was kept

terryscott621
06-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Need model year and price to make a determination.

Seattle09GT
06-04-2011, 12:21 PM
mileage doesnt matter anymore on newer cars its all how it was kept

What he said, within reason. For negotiating a price 41K miles on a 2009 vehicle is considered above average, 30K miles would be about above average but no big deal. Would be about average to just below on a 2008.

The bigger question is how well was it cared for. Is the engine bay clean? Are the fluids clear - look at the brake fluid in particular. Spend $200 on a vehicle inspect, even if they say it is a CPO car - well worth the $$$.

Jedi_13
06-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys for all your replies. The car is an 09 Stryker Blue GT with roof. The dealer hasn't called me back on the price yet being it was only traded in on May 31st. They said it went through inspection and all that but I think im going to take it to another vehicle inspector like Seattle09GT mentioned. Would a complete CarFax show if the car's been serviced and such?

Darkmanx
06-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys for all your replies. The car is an 09 Stryker Blue GT with roof. The dealer hasn't called me back on the price yet being it was only traded in on May 31st. They said it went through inspection and all that but I think im going to take it to another vehicle inspector like Seattle09GT mentioned. Would a complete CarFax show if the car's been serviced and such?

carfax only reports from the dealerships i think thats why you its advised that you do your own since if i crash my car and bend the frame and me and my friend fixes it carfax wont catch it.

Seattle09GT
06-04-2011, 01:47 PM

The value of a Car Fax is very over started. Good for confirm it wasn't a total, major accident, prior lemon, not good for showing service history.

When you got the inspection done make sure they do a hydrocarbon test and a compression test. Hydrocarbon test should be free and they will likely charge extra for the compression test. Hydrocarbon test will detect any possible compression leaks into the coolant system - if its positive walk away. I would also say if it passes the hydrocarbon test then a compression test is optional.

Seattle09GT
06-04-2011, 01:49 PM
carfax only reports from the dealerships i think thats why you its advised that you do your own since if i crash my car and bend the frame and me and my friend fixes it carfax wont catch it.

Exactly. Lots of ways to keep things off the Car Fax books. Likewise on my G8 Car Fax will probably zing me because of the repaint I got through insurance - no body work just paint. Even though the paint job is better than what came from the factory, likely will be held against me.

youngrushhour
06-04-2011, 08:28 PM

Nope. Body shops and insurance companies as well.

Darkmanx
06-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Nope. Body shops and insurance companies as well.

Dealership body shops or the ones ran by insurance companies not the ones I go to