PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dealt with Rev Hard in the Quad City area

coops09gxp
06-01-2011, 12:32 PM
As the title says. Has anyone taken their Pontiac or any LS series powered vehicle to Rev Hard Inc in the Quad City area of IA and IL? Was thinking about getting a proper dyno tune and asking around right now. Would love to hear your experiences good, bad, or what ever. Feel free to post or you can send me a pm with your thoughts. Thanks for any input that you can provide!

Tony

Tommy G
06-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Hey Coop! I was considering the same thing for a cam install. I have seen Rev Hard and Illinois Dyno in Cordova. Called Rev Hard once and they said they have worked on LS cars before. Their site looks ok but they might be better experienced at turbo imports. Heard good things about Illinois Dyno also. I just hate to have wasted all that cash on first the Superchips, then Vector, but a local tuner might be the best way to go.

Voice of Reason
06-12-2011, 05:59 AM
It was nice to meet you at Cordova a couple weeks ago. If you can't find anyone local there should be some good shops in Chicago that can get everything tuned perfectly for you. Based on the two of us running the same mph at the track that very hot and humid night I think you're leaving a LOT on the table with an email tune. You running 2 tenths faster than me is probably all attributed to your 3200 stall vs my stock stall. So your engine mods aren't doing as much as they should.

Tommy G
06-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I think there is a lot left in my canned VMS tune as well. Hopefully a dyno tune will be the best route for me in the future. My best was 13.37 @ 104 with Headers and Volant CAI. Most header cars are easily in the 12's. Have the dreaded ticking lifter right now though, so I'm probably going to go with the stock converter cam kit from Livernois.

coops09gxp
06-19-2011, 04:36 AM
Tommy, great to hear from you again!!!! We have to hook up again and visit the track a few times this year! It was also very nice to meet you at Cordova Voice!! It is really nice to put faces and names to the people on the boards. You are also right, there was a lot being left on the table! That was my first time out with the new converter, gears, and FAST intake. I couldn't hook to save my life off the line. My 60' times did drop .2 of a sec but with the switch to a 3200 I think it should be in the neighborhood of .3-.4 drop. I was trying different things on the launch to get some kind of traction. I only beat my personal best ET from last year by .03 sec. My intake air temps were well over 100 degrees just sucking the timing out of the car as well. Was guessing with the mods over the winter that I should be hitting 12.2's-12.0's with some good weather. I know that the suspension work probably won't help much for hooking. Think I am gonna put a line lock on it, just was not able to get a good long burn out to get proper heat in the tires. It is a work in progress there. I guess with the dyno shops I am kinda in your boat Tommy, want to make sure that my GXP in using the mods to the best of their abilities. I really can't blame VMS for being a bit on the conservitive side. As you said, it is a canned tune and they do need some margin for error with the differences in our cars. If you end up going to one of them keep me posted. If I go I will do the same and give a full review of what I thought about who ever I decide to visit. Have a great weekend guys!

Tony

Tommy G
06-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Looks like drag radials are in your future. :thumbsup:

My lifter tick seems to get a little better when I use the car more in manual mode, so it must be an AFM lifter. No racing for me until I get that fixed :( . It does however justify bigger aftermarket cam! :brock: Maybe then I can keep up with your GXP. haha

coops09gxp
06-19-2011, 02:24 PM
I have the drag radials, still wasn't getting good bite off the line. I check my tires right after a run and they were cool to touch, no heat in them at all. I don't know how long they hold the heat but figured some will still be there. Nobody was really hooking that night either. It was soooo damn hot and muggy. I knew the times were gonna be crap but wanted to go just to get some runs with the new gear.

Sounds like you have a good idea with the bigger cam! :) I was hoping to have the cam and heads done by now! Looking more like this winter or very early next year. :( I hate the time-money space noncontinum! Never seem to have enough of either and especially at the same time!

Chewy
06-20-2011, 08:36 AM
I've heard mixed reviews on them personally. I brought mine to Modern Muscle in Oswego for some work and those guys are great. One of the owners has a G8 as well and has worked on MANY G8's and GTO's.

Chris

coops09gxp
06-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Hey Chris, how's it goin? Does Modern Muscle have a website or anything? I have heard, rather seen you mention them before. That fact that one of the owners has a G8 is a very comforting thing indeed!!! Seems so many times you mention G8 to someone and they look at you funny and ask what is that. Needless to say you turn around and walk out! Didn't you mention that they are located over by Chicago? Any idea about how much they charge for a dyno tune? Is it something were they can do a dyno tune and driveability tune as well? Not sure how familiar you are with them so I tossed out a bunch of questions. :) May have to give them a shot. The owner having a G8 instills a lot of warm fuzzies for me about the whole thing. Thanks for any info that you can provide about them. Have a great day!

Tony

Tommy G
07-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Just found a place called Yates EFI in Davenport. They have a bunch of experience with LS motors and new Camaros. Got my cam kit ordered from Vector and have Yates install it before the meet! Somebody's gotta be the guinea pig I guess. They seem like a good group of people and good local reputation so I'm not too worried.

Chewy
07-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Cool! I'm jealous! I'd love to mod mine, but I need dead nuts reliability and well it IS a lease... lol

Chris

gixxer92
10-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Careful on Rev Hard, apparently their name is what they like to do to customers cars. A buddy of mine when there to get his supercharged big block camaro's carb tuned and ended up having to spend about 4K to fix his motor after they bent some valves in the heads while tuning on the dyno.

revhardinc
06-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Careful on Rev Hard, apparently their name is what they like to do to customers cars. A buddy of mine when there to get his supercharged big block camaro's carb tuned and ended up having to spend about 4K to fix his motor after they bent some valves in the heads while tuning on the dyno.

This is an absolute false rumor. We have never harmed a single engine on the dyno wether it be ford mopar chevy import, we have however hurts some transmisions due to weak u-joints, the big block 69 camaro came to us in pieces we pulled the motor sent it to the original engine builder we then put the motor back into the car and dyno tuned it. The customer was extremely happy, we even had it in the 29th annual Rod And Custom car show. we do tons of ls stuff I own a c5 corvette pushing 850 whp, we have turbo charged and superchaged many ls motors with great success we have done penty of internal egine work on ls moors too cam installs springs lifters etc. if it can be done we have done it.

if you would like to see some of the stuff we have done check the links below.

http://www.streetfire.net/videos/search.aspx?t=revhardinc

or

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=drfast4ward&oq=drf&aq=1p&aqi=p-p2g3g-s3g2&aql=&gs_l=youtube.3.1.35i39l2j0l3j0i10l3j0l2.41317.4215 5.0.45799.3.3.0.0.0.0.138.372.0j3.3.0...0.0.34UXDW arXnM

just want the record strait saw this and had to correct the false rumor.

Thanks
Trent
Rev Hard Inc

any questions give me a call 309-788-3966 or toll free 1-877 RHI-DYNO

mlundgr
03-29-2022, 02:15 PM
Just to set the record straight as a ruler, my name is Marc Lundgren from Cedar Rapids Ia and it was my motor, a Procharged 454 BBC, in my 1967 Camaro that was destroyed by revhardinc back in 2006. There was only an occasional slight hesitation on the throttle while cruising that I wanted fixed. Other than that the motor was a monster and ran great. A week later after bringing my car to RevHard I picked my car up. No dyno run sheets, no nothing. The motor would barely run. I took it to my engine builder (Sperry Engines in Cedar Rapids Ia). The motor had 3 burnt pistons, scored cylinder walls, a cylinder with 60 psi compression, a cracked head by a water passage, a carb that was jetted down to the point of not being functional on the motor because it was so lean, fuel was leaking from the primary and secondary bowl gaskets and the gasket on the back of the water pump was blown out and leaking coolant. Since there was no dyno pull spec sheets on the motor my only conclusion is that they took my car out and beat the shit out of it. Trent, you are a liar.