PDA

View Full Version : Muncie Trans Help

pokey
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Hey there grrrr8 members!

I need some help...

How do you remove the side cover from a Muncie 4-speed transmission? The cover where the linkage is attached to? Any special things to note or just unbolt?

Selling a used transmission should I have buyer sign something saying the transmission is sold "as is" condition?

What I'm up to: I'm selling a Muncie transmission I've had for 21 years. This is a transmission I bought for a street rod project I was working on but never used. I bought it "as is", and never had it in a vehicle or checked out from a transmission shop. At the time (1990) I was told it was in working order and was removed from a 1970 Chevelle SS which was totaled out. No visible issues with it.

Thanks in advance for the help / responses..

Greg@PacePerformance
05-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Check the numbers from it to make sure you get what it is worth.

Yes the side cover just unbolts and the two forks will slide off the two slide gears.

pokey
05-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks Greg for the quick reply.

Just found out the person wanting it is someone I knew from High School and it is probably going into a '68 Firebird. He is the type that would want to rebuild it regardless of condition. At least I'll know it will be put to good use after "carrying" it around for so long..