PDA

View Full Version : ECM/TCM Tune Speed Secrets

Ben2009GT
05-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Well went to get my car re-tune from the screwed up shit I got from CarbConn. I went with Ellis At Speed Secrets and I must say the car is is shifting like it should have from the factory and all I can say is WOW very nice. The engine was running real lean and now it's a nice difference and my ass Dyno feel there's new found power. The reason I know this to be true is while Ellis was tuning as I drove the car to get data logs, he told me to get on it after we made the left hand turn and wouldn't you know it there's was a Stater at the light in a unmarked Malibu Chevy as we found out in about 2 min as we were pulled over and I got a speeding ticket. The Stater ask us why we were at 84 mph and he seen Ellis laptop and Ellis told him my car hadn't passed emissions and we were trying to find out why. The stater said can't you do that at 0-60mph and went back to his car and when he return stated I gave you break and saved you over $100 savings on the ticket and gave me 65 in a 55 mph zone. So in short Ellis can flat out tune your car,My ticket shows that. The Trans is so darn smooth now in all mode's. The car just pull so much better in all gears. Very nice well worth my $$$$.

Steve
05-25-2011, 09:52 PM
haha go Ellis! XD Very nice to hear Ben!

travis gore
05-26-2011, 01:29 AM
lol.at least he cut you a break on the ticket

08G8V8
05-26-2011, 04:27 AM
I needed a re-tune after installing the my LS9 injectors, and I really didn't to deal with the remote tuning with Vector again and renting the dyno from CarbConn. Alex at CarbConn charges for dyno time AND tuning time to do the remote tuning, even though he's not tuning, so I wasn't going to pay him again. I decided to go with Ellis as well. He's got it dialed in, but we are going to get it on the dyno here soon to do the final WOT tweaking. He's a great guy.

Ellis uses the dyno at Marysville Speed. Since I will need to rent dyno time, he mentioned that he might try and get a small group of cars together for a dyno/tune session to maybe help or spread out the cost. Let me know if any of you guys are interested and we can talk with Ellis about getting something set up.

Glad you got your car dialed in Ben. Did CarbConn cut you a break on the tuning since they didn't touch your TCM? Did they give a reason or explanation?

Ben2009GT
05-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Nope let's just say $650 drank the KOOL-AID type of deal. They can't do Auto Trans/Engine very well but was never said when they took my $$$$,I told them during the Dyno day I needed a ECM/TCM tune. Set it up and I'll go to the Dyno test and tune day how's your car running now with the maggie I bet very nice. Ellis is great guy and knows his way around a tune for sure, did you happen to see Doug's Camaro SS in the shop Nice bad ass.

08G8V8
05-26-2011, 05:42 AM
Yeah they were doing some BMR springs on it, but it turns out BMR sent them 2 sets of rear springs! Very clean car for a 98, only 70K miles I think.

Yeah, I went to CarbConn to just do some baseline dyno runs after I first got my headers and Vector tune about a year or so ago, and Alex was trying to talk me into letting him tune my car. But he mentioned that it would probably be best to stick with the Vector transmission tune, as they mainly deal only with manual cars so they don't touch the transmission that much. Turns out they don't touch them at all!

Steve
05-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Hopefully Tony will read all this an realize he needs to head over to Ellis (after he gets his car fixed up)

Seattle09GT
05-26-2011, 12:15 PM
I needed a re-tune after installing the my LS9 injectors, and I really didn't to deal with the remote tuning with Vector again and renting the dyno from CarbConn. Alex at CarbConn charges for dyno time AND tuning time to do the remote tuning, even though he's not tuning, so I wasn't going to pay him again. I decided to go with Ellis as well. He's got it dialed in, but we are going to get it on the dyno here soon to do the final WOT tweaking. He's a great guy.

Ellis uses the dyno at Marysville Speed. Since I will need to rent dyno time, he mentioned that he might try and get a small group of cars together for a dyno/tune session to maybe help or spread out the cost. Let me know if any of you guys are interested and we can talk with Ellis about getting something set up.

Glad you got your car dialed in Ben. Did CarbConn cut you a break on the tuning since they didn't touch your TCM? Did they give a reason or explanation?

I might be interested - not sure how much more power can get squeezed out over the mods/tune I have now.

08G8V8
05-26-2011, 12:32 PM
I think he was saying to have a dyno/tune day for those who have had street tunes from Ellis, but still needed/wanted to get on the dyno for final tweaking, or folks who are looking for a new tune to get a street tune first and then finish it up on the dyno. Don't think it would be worth it for you unless you were going to put headers on and needed something beyond what SuperChips could do for you. But, I would think you could just come and do some pulls for a small fee?

I know Steve, Ben and myself all have tunes from Ellis, but none of us have been on the dyno with his tune.

Seattle09GT
05-26-2011, 01:06 PM
I think he was saying to have a dyno/tune day for those who have had street tunes from Ellis, but still needed/wanted to get on the dyno for final tweaking, or folks who are looking for a new tune to get a street tune first and then finish it up on the dyno. Don't think it would be worth it for you unless you were going to put headers on and needed something beyond what SuperChips could do for you. But, I would think you could just come and do some pulls for a small fee?

I know Steve, Ben and myself all have tunes from Ellis, but none of us have been on the dyno with his tune.

Always love horsepower, Australian cars, loud noises, the smell of exhaust and good friends. Let me know when you guys are planning to go up there - Marysville is a hop skip and a jump away.

christiancoach
05-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Carb Conn is not tuning my car. Vector is. Vector has "guaranteed" me that they will get my car done perfectly.

Should all else fail, I would be looking for someone who knows how to do a tranny tune.