PDA

View Full Version : Corsa, Kooks, Vararam and RPM

1GXP4ME
05-23-2011, 03:59 PM
I know these have all been discussed before just wanted to give my opinion after my experence with the three

1. Kooks headers - Overall very easy install only problems were in they sent me the wrong hardware for the collector and they tell you to not remove the dip stick in the instructions but was unable to do the install w/o removing. They fit very nice and only hang about 1 in under subframe so you would really have to hit a big bump to bottom them out.

2. Corsa Exhaust - Very nice fit, nice instructions, very high quality took literly 15 min to put on only thing I would remind people are the clamps @ the rear need to be really tight for the mufflers to sit right b/c of the flex connection

3. Vararam- Nice system believe it or not took a good hr to put it on as my wiring harness over the radiator is totally different then in the pics in the instructions. My harness had no loom and had small cable tie clips that were a bear to get apart. Only comlaints were the bass fitting in the rubber coupling, I think that should be redesigned and the plastic on the inlet seems a little thin.

4. RPM- Very nice shop and Fran was very professional, car made great power for how warm it was, pulls were made almost right off the street after a 1 1/2 drive. I bet w/ a nice cool down car probably would have made another 5-10 hp. Also trans tune is great the only complaint I have is the 2-1 down shift is a little firm.

On a side note for those on the fence about parts there was a GXP on the dyno right before mine that had the same exact parts as mine only difference was he had a Roto-fab inake as opposed to the Vararam and he made 389 and I made 403 almost 15 rwhp less.

mdg8gxp
05-24-2011, 01:59 PM
What day were you there? That GXP at RPM may have been mine, was it white with Maryland tags? if it was me you are referring to, besides the RotoFab CAI difference, I have the 1.75" Kooks, not the 1.875". I made 385/385.

And Fran's shop is nice, very pleased with the car. Funny, I thought the 1-2 upshift was a little firm, 2-1 seems OK to me!

1GXP4ME
05-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I was there on thursday, it must have been your car then, I like your rims btw they look sweet in person.

mdg8gxp
05-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks. But I am a little disappointed in my dyno numbers compared to yours...Can't believe a Vararam can be worth so much. Oh well, just dyno numbers anyway.