PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Ohio Road course Day

TLSTWIN
05-21-2011, 07:06 PM
We are going October 3rd.

THIS IS NOT RACING, ON THE TRACK IT IS FOLLOW THE LEADER I WANTED TO ADD THIS IN BOLD AND CAPS... I AM STILL GETTING A BUNCH OF DISCUSSION ON OTHER BOARDS ABOUT NOT WANT TO RACE THEIR CAR. JUST WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR.

The program will be formatted like last year. Price structure will be a little different. The price of the program will be $225 per person for early registration. After July 1st, the price for the program would increase to $275 per person. Hopefully this will encourage people to get registered early.

Here is what I have planned the 2nd Mid-Ohio track Day....

The day starts off with a short class room session, very brief, but very pointed.

We then move to the skid pad, where we practice what we just learned in the classroom. They have a honda civic that is set up on four castor wheels and hydraulics. The instructor can control the contact patches while driving to introduce an oversteer or an understeer situation at slow speeds (18 to 25mph), which simulates the same action at speeds of 60 to 70MPH.

Then we move to the autocross area, where we again apply what we learned in class. They have colored cones set up to show people where the turn in & exit points, apex are of multiple style corners and switchbacks.

Then, track time. The way he said it normally is ran is a "Lead,follow,pass". Each person in the group (5 to 6) gets a chance to follow directly behind the instructor through the course. Passing occurs on the back straight only. The instructor only goes as fast or as slow as the group dictates. The point is to make sure everyone knows the proper line......passing is a controlled environment.

We do not have to restrict the date to Camaro vehicles. Additionally, I’m sure I can get our marketing department to produce a pdf flyer for you to distribute.

Start PM'n me and or posting in the thread if you are going.
Here is the new link: http://www.midohio.com/Store/School-...Day-Experience
Don't let the price spook you, enter code CG2011 once you get all the way to the shopping cart check out. It will correct the price to $225.

I look forward to seeing some of you there. There will be multiple makes of cars there.

Here is a link to a Youtube account I created that shows some video from last years event. www.youtube.com/user/tlstwin

1. TLSTWIN (REGISTERED)
2. Photonfury
3. heinzd01 (REGISTERED)
4. jrhaus76
5. SilverIceman (REGISTERED)
6. Richj/Eric...Back Street Performance (REGISTERED)
7. Ray 67 Camaro 383 stroker pro-tour (from last year)
8. adam4356 (GTO)
9. 2010_5thgen
10. Powerbomber (GTO)
11. SableGTO ?
12. dynosteve (turbo'd 5th gen Camaro)
13. PGH Steelers (GTO)
14. GC-Camaro (REGISTERED)
15. Burgboy73 (GTO)
16. Gahammerle (REGISTERED)
17. Drew10
18. daytonGT (G8)
19. masterwinning.... (REGISTERED)
20. Tim's87Monty (Built 87 MonteCarlo SS) (REGISTERED)
21. Hoss81 (GTO)
22. pategnor (G8)

TLSTWIN
05-21-2011, 07:07 PM
These questions were asked on another site about the event. So I figured I would post them here as well, incase someone else might be wondering the same thing.

Q:So, is the track portion more like a fast 'Touring lap' or are these going to be 'Hot Laps' (with helmets)?

A: Not a fast touring lap...I don't think...you definately have to have a helmet, but they have them there to use if you don't have one. We were in triple digit speeds on the back straight

Q:Will there be instructors available for ride-a-longs?

A: There are instructors there......as far as them riding with you..... i don't know.... I can find out, though. In the skid car, there is an instructor in the passenger seat. On the autocross section, it is just you and your own pace. One person at a time. On the track, there is one or two laps at a touring lap speed, maybe a little faster, where the instructor (lead car) shows the proper lines of the track. Then the speed is only increased as a group, which is indicated by how well they stay together.

Q: Is this totally thru ther MOSCC School?

A: Completely run by the school at Mid-Ohio. I am just organizing the group.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask. If I didn't answer them to your satisfaction or still didn't make it clear, by all means, let me know. I will be more than happy to explain further if needed.

TLSTWIN
05-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Just thought I would share an e-mail from GM...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends! (.....and let's not forget our Corvette Cousins.......)

We nicknamed Camaro "The Hugger" back in 1969 for a good reason.........it 'hugged' the road like no other car in its class. In fact, it would embarrass some cars costing much more! Camaro has always been a driver's car - and it's always excelled on the street and track. We continue that proud tradition today.

Our friend, Matt McHenry has once again put together an action-packed day at Mid-Ohio Track in Lexington, Ohio. This event is ideal for those who want to acquire the skills to effectively drive on a performance road course. From a personal perspective - I truly believe you'll learn skills that can help you to avoid accidents in your everyday driving.........and that alone is priceless.

Take a look at the note that Matt has prepared - and if you're interested, sign up soon! Seats WILL fill up!

I hope to see you there!

Scott

Matt writes:

Scott,

Great news! I have come up with a date for our Camaro track day at Mid-Ohio Road Course.

MONDAY - OCTOBER 3, 2011

The price of the program will be $225 per person for early registration.

After July 1st, the price for the program would increase to $275 per person. Hopefully this will encourage people to get registered early.

Here is what I have planned the 2nd Mid-Ohio track Day....

The day starts off with a light breakfast and a short class room session, very brief, but very pointed.

We then move to the skid pad, where we practice what we just learned in the classroom. They have a "skid car" that is set up on four castor wheels and hydraulics. The instructor can control the contact patches while driving to introduce an oversteer or an understeer situation at slow speeds (18 to 25mph), which simulates the same action at speeds of 60 to 70MPH.

Then we move to the autocross area, where we again apply what we learned in class. They have colored cones set up to show people where the turn in & exit points are located, where the apex is in multiple style corners and switchbacks.

Then it's track time! We'll "Lead,follow,pass". Each person in the group (5 to 6 per group ) gets a chance to follow directly behind the instructor through the course. Passing occurs on the back straight only. The instructor only goes as fast or as slow as the group dictates. The point is to make sure everyone knows the proper line......passing is a controlled environment.

Please have people go to the following threads (below) to learn more and join in the discussion................

Matt McHenry
Cell- PM ME

More information:

Where:
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
7721 Steam Corners Rd.
Lexington, OH 44904
Phone: 419-884-4000 -or- 800-MID-OHIO

More info on Mid-Ohio at:
www.midohio.com/school

More information from last year's event and discussion about this year at the following forums:

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=804508

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130024

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29062

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44801

http://buckeyegoats.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14225

TLSTWIN
06-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Just wanted to remind everyone, if you want to saved $50 on registration, you have to register by the end of the month. It is $225 right now, next month and there after will be $275.... there has been a few people that have registered, but not many.

TLSTWIN
06-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Last day to save $50 on registration!! After today, registration goes up to $275

NWOG8
06-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Wish I could come!

TLSTWIN
06-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Wish I could come!

don't wish, just come join us:brock:

TLSTWIN
08-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I have gotten a couple e-mails from Chris at Mid-Ohio. He is getting worried about people not registering. He has tried to reach out to some corvette and other gto guys he knows, but has no luck.

SO, I will be sending PM's to those of you that have not registered yet.

TLSTWIN
09-18-2011, 11:39 AM
2 WEEKS away

As the title states, we need to get registered if you haven't already. If you aren't on my list, you are still welcome to PM me or post up in here, or just register and surprise me on the 3rd....... but you must register.

TLSTWIN
09-25-2011, 12:54 PM
One week to go.... Only 4 more days to register on line though.

TLSTWIN
10-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Great time today, only had one G8, but I am glad he made it!

I will post some pictures and videos links later in the week.