PDA

View Full Version : Free H-Pipe (Pre-installed ;) ) - WA Area

Steve
12-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey everyone in the WA Area,

I have a StolenFox H-Pipe on my car and i'm getting ARH Headers here pretty soon. Wondering if any of you who still have the stock exhaust would be interested in the H-Pipe? Together with some aftermarket mufflers they sound great! I have the SF AxleBacks too but i'm keeping those for now to see how they sound with the Headers. If it gets to be too loud those will be up for sale eventually.

Since it's already installed and in my opinion it'd be a shame to just scrap it you'd have to basically take the whole section of exhaust it's attached to. Possibly something could be worked out with the place where i'm getting my headers installed ( don't know 100% where yet, most likely Bremerton area or Tacoma, or even when for that matter!) to do the swap at the same time or you could just haul it away at that time.

Price:$0.00 - you'd just have to pay for the install.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

BobtheMonkee
12-22-2008, 06:08 PM
DIBS!!!

i sent you a pm about where i had my work done...go check it

Definitely go to kitsap muffler in gorst.

lemme know when you get your headers installed and ill come take that hpipe of your hands :) wouldnt mind hearing the ARH setup when its done too

Steve
12-22-2008, 06:48 PM
haha don't you already have an catback system on yours? but sure :) Not sure how you're gonna fit it in your g8 since it'll be a good what.. 5 or 6 feet since it's welded in.

and yeah got your pm.. driven by there before.. looked a little... ehmm 'primitive' but as long they do good work ;) Need to get my converter installed too (which requires dropping the exhaust), so if they can do that at the same time i'll take it there.. or if price wise it makes sense to split it up etc. My other place of choice would be turbo tech in tacoma where you went to dyno.

oh btw those FK452 tires you have - they're not all seasons are they?

BobtheMonkee
12-22-2008, 06:59 PM
actually...i'll probably give the h-pipe to nay simon. It probably wont bastardize very well with my magnaflow..and i dont wanna do any cutting or welding

i thought the same thing about kitsap muffler when i drove by...shabby and primitive. After talking to a couple of friends that had work done there, all they had to say were amazing things about it. So i gave it a try and i was highly satisfied with the work and the service.

they had to drop my exhaust out too, to get the stock cats off and the o2 censors out.

the biggest difference i noticed between kistap muffler and TTI is that kitsap muffler seemed genuinely excited to do the install. Of course, i was payin them for it, but they quoted me at around $400 when other places (including TTI) quoted me at 800+. They also asked a lot of unrelated questions about the car and its performance.

TTI just seemed annoyed to have to dyno me. they were better than MaxRPM but were still put off by having to take my money. When i went to them, they werent even doing anything big...so its not like i took them away from any important job....but i mean, come on.

like i said before, now that KM has experience with G8's, no thanks to me, they will be able to get yours done QUICK! My install took 5 hours and they had never worked on a G8 before. As long as you dont have any "red" locktight on any of your exhaust bolts, you will probably be in and out in 4 hours.

I'm tellin ya, just go talk to Rob at the brake shop about what you want done, tell him you talked to me about it, and i'm sure you will be sold!

and no, my tires are DEFINITELY not all season tires. Took me 3 hours to dig my car out of my driveway and pull it into the garage today. that was exhausting

Steve
12-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm surprised at TTi's attitude. I went there before, talked to a Nick and they seemed real friendly, showed me around the shop etc. They even double checked my underdrive pulley. But maybe i'll just get the converter done at a transmission place near my work so It can be done during a work day (no down time!) and then do the exhaust some other time over at kitsap. Should get my wheels on first so I don't look so normal next to yours haha

I'd have the dealership do it all if I thought they knew what the hell they were doing... but after my underdrive pulley install there that's not gonna happen lol.. (thats why I had TTi double check it)

I'll make some calls :) (not going anywhere anytime soon haha)

BobtheMonkee
12-22-2008, 07:38 PM
cool...yeah, Nick was pretty cool...its the other guys that were semi "douche"

its ok to be normal steve ;) at least you got the kewl roof scoop...i definitely dont have that

look forward to meetin u sometime in the near future :)

MissNaySimon
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
I <3 your H-pipe, Steve!!

Mav
02-16-2009, 01:50 PM
I will pay for it + shipping.

MissNaySimon
02-16-2009, 02:11 PM
It's actually already installed on my car and has been for about a month. lol

EcoBrick Bob
02-16-2009, 02:24 PM
HELL OF A DEAL!!!!!

I temporarily have this setup on 08' cause it had to go in for oil leak - pan gasket.

Sounds nice, just a little more growl. However, with stock ECM & air box, one gets DRONE...

Solution is to have Kirk tune your ECM to remove DOD. Have done this, but just got it back today and haven't had time to re-install. 09" has SF Axlebacks but no H-pipe with RF CAI & VMS tune w/o DOD. Sounds GRRRR8! Have Magnaflow Catsback Street system ordered and will describe comparison between 2 G8' sonce installed. SF system going back on 08'.

r33pwrd
02-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Steve did you ever get your headers installed? I can hook you up on a great deal for install!

Steve
02-16-2009, 05:49 PM
yeah and got raped in the process lol:

See here:
http://g8gt.blogspot.com/2009/01/american-racing-headers.html
or here:
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=3258

if you know a place to do a cam or coilovers let me know :)

r33pwrd
02-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I have a place for the cam.... Brads customs. He will be doing mine.

http://www.bradscustomauto.com/

Steve
02-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Cool - how much they charging?

r33pwrd
02-16-2009, 08:10 PM
give Brad a call.... he quoted me on a few things. he has never done a G8 bu has done other LS series motors.