PDA

View Full Version : Owned!

IRISH
05-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Last weekend I installed 4000 series DBA rotors with Hawk pads. I purchased the rotors last year (sat on shelf). I also purchased the 4 stretch bolts that hold the caliper anchor plate.

Yesterday the car was washed and after a drive I noticed that I have 1/2" of surface rust on the lower portion of rotor face. After investigating this issue I discovered that the rotors I was sold are smaller than my factory ones, I can only assume I was sold the V6 rotors!

So now the waiting game begins, we live in Canada and have to wait another 2 weeks for more bolts arrive for the caliper anchor plate, I feel I will get nowhere with money back from the rotors (shipping to Arizona) and the pads will more that likely be junk from hanging a 1/2" over the*rotor.

I plan on just having the old rotors cut and install the original pads once the bolts arrive and chalk it up to experience. In the mean time I will keep the car close to home since I am concerned with using the car with the calipers/pads not on the complete surface of the rotor.

I12XLR8
05-20-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm confused...if the pads were hanging off the rotor how could there be rust on it? I must be misunderstanding your issue but am curious to know about it as I am close to getting DBA rotors (well, close probably means next spring)

IRISH
05-20-2011, 07:36 PM
The caliper sits in the same spot and now the rotor is smaller (shorter) so the pad is landing higher.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/jstmoores/IMG_2517.jpg

-Ray-
05-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Rust is normal. It looks as if the rear rotors are on the front though.

travis gore
05-21-2011, 03:24 AM
The caliper sits in the same spot and now the rotor is smaller (shorter) so the pad is landing higher.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/jstmoores/IMG_2517.jpg

the rotor should be as big as the dust shield

IRISH
05-21-2011, 06:04 AM
The box reads that they are for the front P/N 42026 SR & 42026 SL, which I just checked (too late) and they are V6 rotors, the V8's are 42028's.

I now have learned a valuable lesson to always check P/N's