PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Blade Issue

EcoBrick Bob
08-13-2008, 02:03 PM
I have had my wiper blades replaced under warranty a couple weeks ago. Finally rained and the new set smears just like the originals. Anyone else having this issue. Initially GM wanted me to pay for the new set. $63.00!!!!

Question is; Is it just crappy oem blades, or is it due to a faulty design of the arms? They work fine going right to left, but when they sweep back left to right there is a smear directly in my line of sight.

RRM

GRRRR8
08-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Get some blade wipes at a parts store. I had that issue and it stopped. It is the blade design.

GT-610
08-13-2008, 04:52 PM
me too,replaced and they are useless...3"streak right across where the blade mounts!
Cant find my sizes in auto store...always seems to have one and no the other!

-Ray-
08-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Mine are useless too. The TSB to clean them is just plain stupid. I hit rain on the way home today, and now the drivers side is chattering across the windshield. It only wipes in one direction. Also you can see the bottom of the blade wiggle as it moves.

EC-Ryder
08-13-2008, 09:22 PM
<div>
(Rob Moser @ Aug. 13 2008,6:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have had my wiper blades replaced under warranty a couple weeks ago. Finally rained and the new set smears just like the originals. Anyone else having this issue. Initially GM wanted me to pay for the new set. &#036;63.00&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Question is; Is it just crappy oem blades, or is it due to a faulty design of the arms? They work fine going right to left, but when they sweep back left to right there is a smear directly in my line of sight.

RRM</div>
&#036;63..00&#33; http://forum.grrrr8.net/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif Are they freaking nuts??

They do that to every new model...Will they ever learn not to kill the goose that lays the golden egg?

But honestly guys I don&#39;t have that issue (yet&#33; Gulp&#33;) so i can&#39;t really say or help as to the cause. But if it was a faulty design, all G8&#39;s ought to have the fault.

I&#39;m just wondering if a good number might have beem damaged during shipping &#92;storage? I have seen bottom brake rotors get warped from the stack being up too high...I would vote for the supplier messing up for now...

Just a thought&#33;

Cheers&#33;

EcoBrick Bob
08-14-2008, 05:35 AM
My first thought was that the wiper blades came from a bad batch. But...this set seems to be smearing in the same place. Dealer told me that the small blade was even worse. (Wife neglected to complain....)

My G8 was built in late Nov. Wonder if this problem is on the earlier cars.
My first set chattered going one way. This set doesn&#39;t do that ....YET...

In the past when I had chattering, it could usually be cured or at least helped my twisting the wiper arm. However, am a bit tentative on doing that with these due to their odd sizes.

RRM

GRRRR8
08-14-2008, 05:38 AM
There will be aftermarket blades soon enough. Then we will have our answer for sure.

Chewy
08-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Just use some ammonia present window cleaner on a rag and wipe the blades down VERY well.

See if that helps.

The frame less blades are VERY pricey. I put them on my P/U truck and Saturn Vue and LOVE them though. For you snow people, you no longer have to reach out whilst driving, grab the arm and lift to get the snow out of the mechanism.

GREAT&#33;

EC-Ryder
08-14-2008, 06:14 AM
<div>
(Rob Moser @ Aug. 14 2008,9:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My G8 was built in late Nov. Wonder if this problem is on the earlier cars.
My first set chattered going one way. This set doesn&#39;t do that ....YET...

RRM</div>
Both our G8&#39;s are Nov. &#39;07 production dates also.

Sometimes they are VERY slow to trace the problems and are reluctant to blanket wipe them clean...No pun intended&#33; LOL&#33;

Cheers&#33;

EcoBrick Bob
08-14-2008, 12:43 PM
The same style (but equal length) blades came on my 2005 Volvo V70 wagon. Worked perfectly and did not get replaced during the 3 year lease&#33; That&#39;s why I&#39;m a bit suspicious of this problem. Think GM realizes there is an issue, either with design or with blades themselves, or they wouldn&#39;t have warranteed them. Charlie is right, once we replace with good aftermarket blades, we will know.

RRM