PDA

View Full Version : snow!!!

BobtheMonkee
12-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Lots of it

U enjoying your 10 inches out in port orchard Steve?

western washington is officially shut down for a few days :)

Steve
12-21-2008, 11:14 AM
yeah i'm not going ANYWHERE in the g8.. can't move it an inch!

Steve
12-21-2008, 01:37 PM
And it's dumping again.. have about 10" everywhere right now... anyone seen my driveway? it's missing! haha

Chewy
12-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Been the same here! COLD as a witches TIT too!

-2ºF right now but it did warm up to -.4ºF today. The windchill makes it feel like -20 to -30º

Chris

-Ray-
12-21-2008, 03:07 PM
It's 33 degrees below freezing here too, with a 30 mph wind.

mjduell2009
12-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Not too bad here, 10 inches of snow and 14 degrees. I have a new plow on my Colorado I was dying to try out and it has been getting a workout. It works great, 7 foot Blizzard with automatic mount. I have been having a ball seeing this is my first plow. The only thing that sucks is that my driveway has two huge boulders at the end, one on each side. While backing up to get ready to push some snow, I smacked the drivers rear quarter into one of them. Smashed the bottom of the tail light and scratched and dented the panel...Oh well it's a truck.

--Mike

R.Penguin
12-21-2008, 05:30 PM
(*^@@^*_^##$%%(*&_)(_)&*%*^ Al Gore and his global warming crap!:cold::snow::lame:

MANOFSTEEL69
12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Uh yea..... What he said! -4 and -23 below windchill.

Steve
12-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Got over a foot now... and more supposedly on the way.
The temperatures don't bother me much, it's the not being able to go anywhere that's getting to me.

I just don't get how some of you are saying your G8's can drive through this much snow. Mine isn't even lowered and just a) scrapes the bottom on the snow and b) spins the tires.. yeah i'm sure snow tires would help if there was maybe 6 inches or less on the roads etc but I just don't see it happening with a foot or more. The car just sinks in it. Oh then to top it off the county did NOT sand the main roads or anything outside my development.. they just put a 'road closed' sign and that was it! Gotta love living out in the middle of nowhere..

I'll probably be stuck till the new year! Good thing we stocked up on supplies.

Chewy
12-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Got over a foot now... and more supposedly on the way.
The temperatures don't bother me much, it's the not being able to go anywhere that's getting to me.

I just don't get how some of you are saying your G8's can drive through this much snow. Mine isn't even lowered and just a) scrapes the bottom on the snow and b) spins the tires.. yeah i'm sure snow tires would help if there was maybe 6 inches or less on the roads etc but I just don't see it happening with a foot or more. The car just sinks in it. Oh then to top it off the county did NOT sand the main roads or anything outside my development.. they just put a 'road closed' sign and that was it! Gotta love living out in the middle of nowhere..

I'll probably be stuck till the new year! Good thing we stocked up on supplies.

MY G8 is eating this snow UP! I drove right up my driveway and it has 6" drifts in it! I LOVE THIS CAR! No weight in the trunk and Blizzaks all around is the ONLY way to go!

My 4X4 hasn't seen the snow yet this year! :woohoo:

Steve
12-22-2008, 09:15 AM
ok.. so you're saying just slap on blizzaks and.. the car won't 'sink' in the snow anymore and bottom out? I must be stupid or something because I Just don't see how that works lol I open my garage door and poof there's a good 12 Inches just sitting right there.. even when I tried to make it a gradual slope it didn't do anything and just plowed straight into it.

Chewy
12-22-2008, 09:31 AM
ok.. so you're saying just slap on blizzaks and.. the car won't 'sink' in the snow anymore and bottom out? I must be stupid or something because I Just don't see how that works lol I open my garage door and poof there's a good 12 Inches just sitting right there.. even when I tried to make it a gradual slope it didn't do anything and just plowed straight into it.

Well I DID fill them with Helium...

Actually NO it isn't an end all save all but for what it is it's DAMN good in the snow. You'll want to plow the drive and make sure you aren't driving in deep snow.

I have run through snow in my 4X4 deep enough to go over the hood. Now THAT is fun!:devil:

BobtheMonkee
12-22-2008, 11:34 AM
lol...soooo much snow. This place is falling apart. the grocery stores are out of food and arent getting any till the snow melts...i think the passes are shut down

here are my pics :)

http://www.bocsquad.com/images/monkee/DSCI4085.JPG
http://www.bocsquad.com/images/monkee/DSCI4099.JPG
http://www.bocsquad.com/images/monkee/DSCI4103.JPG
http://www.bocsquad.com/images/monkee/DSCI4104.JPG

jnak
12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Damn! That reminds me, I forgot to put the cover on the BBQ when I last used it, 4 months ago!