PDA

View Full Version : Powder coated 17s w/ winter tires

the_marquis78
12-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I almost died trying to get this setup...I'm not joking. It snowed like crazy here yesterday. The powder coater's shop was about 45 miles away and when I left my house the weather was fine. 10 minutes later I was in a blizzard and I've still got my 19" tires on. Freeway speed was about 25 mph and there were a LOT of cars on the freeway. The sad thing was I could have taken my truck up there but I really had no idea the weather was already that bad.

When I was about 10 miles away all of the sudden my car started turning sideways on the freeway. I'm in the fast lane and the car just decides to cut all the way across the freeway and it straightens up once I get to the slow lane and I went on my merry way. WTF! I could not believe I didn't hit another car. There were SO many cars on the freeway the whole time and my car decides to do a half spin out and randomly veers across 3 lanes of freeway and NOT hit anyone. Freakin miracle. All in pursuit of getting new rims and snow tires put on.

I usually hate aftermarket rims...I think that 90% of em look like shiz but I don't mind the black on black here. I actually didn't want them to put the center caps in because obviously they're not black so I'll have to remove em. Forgive me for the condition of my car.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/the_marquis78/DSCN0677.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/the_marquis78/DSCN0678.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/the_marquis78/DSCN0679.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/the_marquis78/DSCN0680.jpg

GRRRR8
12-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Glad the G8 suffered no damage, well except for the drivers seat! :)

-Ray-
12-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Glad you didn't wreck her.
This is why my G8 is safely tucked away hibernating 'til Spring.

the_marquis78
12-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Glad you didn't wreck her.
This is why my G8 is safely tucked away hibernating 'til Spring.

I just couldn't do that. I've spend too much time enjoying the cars I drive to lock my baby away. I mean despite the fun the G8 is, it's also very comfortable and it fits me well. I have a 2000 Silverado I could drive but I don't really love it. I would spend the whole time in it wishing I were in my G8. I can't believe some of the people who buy a beater to drive through winter...I couldn't do it. It would drive me crazy

jnak
12-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Glad to hear you made it safely. What did you use to clean the driver's seat?

-Ray-
12-20-2008, 12:24 PM
I just couldn't do that. I've spend too much time enjoying the cars I drive to lock my baby away. I mean despite the fun the G8 is, it's also very comfortable and it fits me well. I have a 2000 Silverado I could drive but I don't really love it. I would spend the whole time in it wishing I were in my G8. I can't believe some of the people who buy a beater to drive through winter...I couldn't do it. It would drive me crazy

I'm driving a 99 Silverado. I like driving my G8 as well, that's why it has 17k miles on it, and she hasn't been driven in 5 weeks.
I was depressed not driving her, but I'm starting to get over it.

R.Penguin
12-20-2008, 12:51 PM
I actually didn't want them to put the center caps in because obviously they're not black so I'll have to remove em.

As usual, the penguin offers yet another high-tech fix for the center caps:

Fix= 1 can flat black spray paint + 1 blindfold. (So you don't immediatly see the mess you have created by foolishly following the advice of a certified lunatic flightless waterfowl). :wacko:

the_marquis78
12-20-2008, 01:45 PM
haha, I thought about spray painting the caps...however I thought I would remove them first before I painted em. You would just paint over em? I suppose w/ the blindfold it'd all be all right eh?

R.Penguin
12-20-2008, 03:08 PM
haha, I thought about spray painting the caps...however I thought I would remove them first before I painted em. You would just paint over em? I suppose w/ the blindfold it'd all be all right eh?
They will be perfect until you remove the blindfold. :p