PDA

View Full Version : Micro fiber do you use them?

Chewy
08-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Where did you get them and what do you think?

Hello all!

I read all about Micro Fiber technology and they are WAY less likely to scratch over cotton which I've used up until now. I also read that you need to be aware that there are CHEAP MF towels out there. The ones I bought were guaranteed to be of higher quality. We'll see I guess.

My G8 will have nothing but MF touching it. I bought some MF dish towels at my local grocery store and was amazed how well they absorbed water off my dishes.

I bought the car ones online from... Nope not going to post it up as it'll be deleted. Oh wait... No it won't! Not here anyway... http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo...FQLBsgod-Q55qg I did a search on google for a discount code for the vendor and was able to find a forum that posted one up so I got 10% off the order as well. So proud of myself... lol

Anyway... I look forward to receiving and trying them out and posting a review.

Mines a daily driver so it won't be perfect but I want to keep it as nice as I can.

Post up any new products or purchases you've made so some of us can try them too!

Chris

The back end of this vid has great points on cleaning your MF products.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKBfrtniv9E

A good drying vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlnA0NWtK6Y

Washing your MF towels

Things You’ll Need:

* Microfiber Towel (dirty)
* Dish detergent
* Bucket
* Washing Machine/Dryer
* Regular Clothing Detergent

Step1
Gather all your dirty microfiber towels.
Step2
Pre-soak in a bucket of warm water with dish detergent for 1 hour
Step3
Place towels in washer with regular detergent (no bleach or fabric softener EVER!!!!). I use the detergent with no dyes and fragrance
Step4
Line dry or place in dryer (air or low heat only) with nothing other than other MF towels and voila your towels should be clean!

SRG963
08-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Bought the 25 pack of microfiber towels at Sams Club. Takes about 5 to detail and 7 if she's real dirty. I still can't see any scratches, just a couple of touched up rock chip marks. I would love someone to explain the proper way to touch up paint chips.

Chewy
08-13-2008, 12:40 PM
<div>
(SRG963 @ Aug. 13 2008,2:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I would love someone to explain the proper way to touch up paint chips.</div>
Your wish is my command....

Check out the other thread I started here in D&amp;A.

Chris

GT-610
08-13-2008, 04:54 PM
all i will use is microfiber...sams club-saw the bag-i&#39;ll get it when i run out
terry cloth always leaves swirls for me

EC-Ryder
08-14-2008, 03:47 PM
I love M&#92;F towels since i started using them. I had always used that other leather stuff...Shammy I think it was? LOL&#33;

Nice post on the subject...Me likes&#33;

Cheers&#33;

G8GT594
08-15-2008, 05:33 AM
I picked up 5 of them at murrays. I forgot the size but they are large at 10 bucks a peice and work very well. Its all i use to dry and detail.

GPDAN
08-15-2008, 07:43 AM
I buy a 12 pack at target for 5.99 at Target. They work great for me.

Chewy
08-15-2008, 08:01 AM
I buy a 12 pack at target for 5.99 at Target. They work great for me.

So do you get those at Target??? Or Target? :p

:D

-Ray-
08-15-2008, 08:16 AM
I think he gets them at target. <post whore mode activated>

GRRRR8
08-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Most parts stores have similiar deals regularly.

GPDAN
08-16-2008, 12:51 PM
So do you get those at Target??? Or Target?

Dam I forgot. I think I got them at Target?

GRRRR8
08-16-2008, 01:05 PM
LMAO! I read it twice, huh.:wtf:

todds87ss
08-16-2008, 08:49 PM
After much research and years of use, I will only use 100% cotton towel, white, made in USA with hemmed edged removed. Nothing softer. look at the Zaino website for more info.

09GT
08-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Do you guys use the MF rags to dry as well or shammy while drying. I have only used the MF when detailing inside and out but never to dry. Let me know I have a Sam's around the corner.

GPDAN
08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I use a honeycomb weaved towel whenever i dry my car. Works fine.

Chewy
08-18-2008, 04:47 AM
Do you guys use the MF rags to dry as well or shammy while drying. I have only used the MF when detailing inside and out but never to dry. Let me know I have a Sam's around the corner.

Yes I bought some waffle look MF towels for drying. They are pretty large and costly but if you take care of them they should last for years...

I bought mine online as I didn't see any locally.

Drying towels can ONLY be used to dry. If you use with other products it will cause them to stop wicking water. No polishing or waxing of any kind.

djchubbs
08-24-2008, 04:23 PM
so micro is the best i am picking up my 09 pacific blue g8gt sport,premium,sunroof, 35% tint this wed and i just planned on using the touchless car wash but that will get $$$$$$$$$$

jnak
08-24-2008, 06:51 PM
I use mainly MFs. I hear you can get them at Target. Too bad we don't have target in Canada.

I do use cotton terry cloths for Scratch-X though.

RumblingG8
08-27-2008, 06:08 AM
I use mainly MFs. I hear you can get them at Target. Too bad we don't have target in Canada.

I do use cotton terry cloths for Scratch-X though.

You can get microfiber towels at Target??? :boobs:

I would think Montreal would have a Target store, they are soooo French there you know :cd:

Chewy
08-27-2008, 06:49 AM
Hell I was at Bed Bath and Beyond and they had them there for drying of your person! :banana: The waffle style.

jnak
08-27-2008, 06:56 AM
You can get microfiber towels at Target??? :boobs:

I would think Montreal would have a Target store, they are soooo French there you know :cd:

Montreal might...but I'm not driving 4,000 km for microfiber towels!

Chewy
08-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Montreal might...but I'm not driving 4,000 km for microfiber towels!

Check out the site I posted up...

REALLY high quality stuff and not a bad price.

Chewy
04-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Update. I took the plunge some time ago and bought some Adams stuff... Then a little more... Then a little more...

Well now I have probably a couple grand worth of their stuff and it's unbelievable.

Their MF towels are the best I have used and can find hands down. Their waxes and polishes and cleaning supplies are amazing as well.

Chris