PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Up For Some Bracket Racing Tomorrow - 4/22/2010 Bremerton Motorsports Park

Seattle09GT
04-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Anyone up for some drag racing?

I'm going tomorrow, PERFECT weather, 60 degrees, no wind, and sunny, doesn't get better than that.

Gates open at 8 AM, they are doing test and tune and CCCA #1. I am planning to run 10 of the 12 CCCA events this season with Team GMC, which is combination of several GM based clubs into one.

If you haven't done bracket racing its fun, its safe, it isn't terribly hard on your car (think of it as getting onto I-5 from a dead stop, but instead of slowing down at 70 MPH you keep going to about 105 to 110)

$40 for tech inspection card, $10 for your annual permit to run on the track, $10 if you want to register for CCCA. You do need a helmet, SNELL approved.

I'm taking the Edmonds Ferry over to Bremerton, typically gets me to the gate around 7:45 AM. Group from the Pontiac Grand Prix Club is meeting down in Tacoma around 7:30 AM and driving over.

If you come bring your own food, track food is way over priced and sucks there. I suspect the grass area along the pits is going to be very wet/muddy, so a ground cover or tarp, and some lawn chairs are also a good idea. Sunscreen too. Also if you want to buy unleaded racing fuel bring cash, I would guess it will be between $8 and $11 a gallon. They have 101 octane unleaded available.

Dynos for show - drag racing to go!!!

Rubbabubi
04-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a fun day for you. Since we have pretty much the same mods, except for our intakes, your times will give me a good representation of what I'd run also. I'd think you would be able to easily beat your 0-60 MPH and 1/4 mile that you have listed on your signature. I'm guessing you could hit 4.85 second 0-60 MPH and 13.150 second 1/4 Mile. Are you gonna run the racing fuel or just the normal 92 octane? Good luck with your runs.

Seattle09GT
04-22-2011, 12:39 PM
I hit the 13.3xx I have now running tune only, 93 octane, running a blend of E10 92 octane and E0 101 octane racing fuel, roughly 1:4. I will run a similar blend tomorrow assuming racing fuel is available, running E0 92 octane with E0 101 octane racing fuel, probably closer to a 1:3 mix as I have bit more gas in the tank. I have 17" rims to put drag radials on, the drag radials aren't here yet. I think your estimate of 13.1x is about spot on, that is what I'm thinking, 13.1xx or 13.0xx should be my best run.