PDA

View Full Version : Door problem

PantherGT
04-19-2011, 04:43 PM
So I just got out of my G8. Hit the lock button on the fob and it did the 5 honks as if a door was left open. I went around the car and open and slammed closed all doors. Hit lock again and it did it again. Turned the car on with the key and the door open light is on. Went around again individually and closed all the doors. Hit lock and it still honked 3 times. Went inside and the alarm was going off. Anyone else had this problem before? I think I've been noticing the driver's side door not registering as closed before but if I shut it harder it usually fixes it. I'm baffled. :facepalm2:

jeff
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
I had this problem with a 2008 v6 G8 I had before my current G8.Problem went away on its own after a few drives.Car was gone a few months later

PantherGT
04-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Oh goodie. So I'm pretty much screwed until it works itself out. lol

jeff
04-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Well I know it sucks but you can wait and see or carry it in and let the dealer look.Just be sure you got a good dealer.You still under warranty??

skinsfangreg
04-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Isn't there a TSB about the door strikes? May not be related but thought I saw one at some point. Worth a call to the dealer if your still under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

PantherGT
04-19-2011, 06:06 PM
I have 33k on it. Basic warranty is 30k isn't it? Sadly, I had to drive it 100 miles twice a week and had a job that involved driving all over town so I racked up miles for a year... Just about to have it for it's 2 year anniversary!

skinsfangreg
04-19-2011, 06:17 PM
I have 33k on it. Basic warranty is 30k isn't it? Sadly, I had to drive it 100 miles twice a week and had a job that involved driving all over town so I racked up miles for a year... Just about to have it for it's 2 year anniversary!

3yr 36k mile bumper to bumper

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk