PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to clean your car?

MABG8er
12-18-2008, 06:42 PM
What brands of products do you use to clean your car?

I've been using Meguairs NXT wax for a while, but i'm almost out of it and have been thinking about switching to something in a carnuba wax, possibly with a synthetic paint sealant under or over the carnuba. I've also been considering retiring my shammys and getting one of the microfiber drying towels, supposedly they work better than shammys.

For interior, I've switched from meguiars and armor all leather wipes to Surf City garage "Dash Away", it cleans wonderfully and does a good job hydrating and protecting. Once in a while I put some Meguiars aloe conditioner on the seats to keep them in top shape after cleaning, but have considered switching out to the Surf City Garage "Voodoo" leather stuff. I was that impressed witht he dash away.

I've heard good things about Lexol products but haven't used them.

Curious what you guys use on your rides as far as wax, wash, interior, tools, etc.

GRRRR8
12-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Make the switch. Adams has so many real good products for all aspects of cleaning and polishing that I am a believer. I am very picky and from what I have seen their products meet or exceed my expectations.

Rusty
12-18-2008, 06:57 PM
For the outside of mine, I have a combo of a few layers of Zaino polish (Z-2 I believe) topped with several coats of Pinnacle Souveran Wax... looks really great on my LR.

I was using some cotton bath towels for a long time (Zaino site swear by them), but I nabbed a bunch of Microfibers from Autogeek.net right after I got the G8 and I am a firm believer in them now. They usually have some great deals on MF (a lot of BOGOs for the 2 packs) so I would recommend trying them out.

Interior is still waiting for a first treatment of Leatherique. That stuff is, by far, the best leather product out there. It's not cheap and takes awhile to apply (apply the conditioner, let it sit 8 hours in the sun, go back and apply the pristine clean), but it is very much worth it. I'm curious to see how much it softens up the seats in the G8.

I have yet to try Adam's products, mainly because I am so stocked up on Pinnacle products right now, but I'm pretty sure I'll be running low in a few months and I'll give their products a serious look at that time.

BlueJacket
12-18-2008, 07:06 PM
I have changed over to all Adams. Their stuff is great.

R.Penguin
12-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Inside, Zaino "leather in a bottle".

Outside, Chevron brushless car wash. :p

MABG8er
12-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Pinnacle is one of the products I was looking at very heavily. Wolfgang stuff as well. I'm not sure if I'd prefer the Carnuba paste over a liquid synthetic. I also considered using the Surf City Garage Barrier Reef stuff, it's supposed to be very good and is a combination of Carnuba and synthetics, but I'm not sure how well that would work compared to layering. Or if it might pick up the worst attributes of both (not as nice look of sealant, low durability of carnuba).

How does Adam's compare to this stuff?

jnak
12-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Meg's #21, topped with #26.

Chewy
12-19-2008, 05:10 AM
I bought into the Adams hype and couldn't be happier!

I was using the tech wax and this stuff is a TON better. Goes on easier and comes off easier and leaves behind amazing clarity.

I HIGHLY recommend it!

99-LS1-SS
12-19-2008, 05:52 AM
I've purchased Adam's products for the first time and I'm looking forward to using them. I still need to get more though.

MGMG8GT
12-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Do you guys use the hand application Adams or the machine application? I have a Porter, but I just prefer using hand polishes.

Is there any difference in finish quality between the two?

Chewy
12-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Do you guys use the hand application Adams or the machine application? I have a Porter, but I just prefer using hand polishes.

Is there any difference in finish quality between the two?

I use the hand currently but I asked Santa for the Adams machine system this year. If that comes true I will use both.

Have you logged into Adams' forum?