PDA

View Full Version : Installing Kooks LT Headers

IXLR8
12-18-2008, 04:16 PM
I have never installed headers on a car. I read where there are lots of problems, but I have two simple questions.

If I install the Kooks long tube headers will I be able to reinstall the stock ones in the future?

Will I have problems throwing codes?

Will they pass the Texas Vehicle inspection?

Big thanks in advance!
(OK it was three questions, but I really need your Jedi like skills)

g8_795
12-18-2008, 05:33 PM
I have never installed headers on a car. I read where there are lots of problems, but I have two simple questions.

If I install the Kooks long tube headers will I be able to reinstall the stock ones in the future?

Will they pass the Texas Vehicle inspection?

Big thanks in advance!
(OK it was three questions, but I really need your Jedi like skills)

I can answer a few of your questions:

You will throw a code. One code. I wouldn't call it a problem since it is easy for a tuner to disable it.

Yes. The headers are very easy to install on a G8. I installed mine in a few hours. It took more then a day for me and a buddy of mine to install on a GTO. Damn steering gear!!!!

The LT's were the best mod I made to my car. Get WB bungs installed when you buy.

IXLR8
12-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks!

Do you know if you can get bungs from the factory?

GRRRR8
12-19-2008, 06:06 PM
I am fairly local if you cant do the install. Yes you will get a code, once tuned it will pass the OBDII emissions test. ARH can put extra bungs for tuning.

wreckwriter
12-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Don't bet on Kooks doing it. Certainly won't for you, MAYBE for your dealer.

Kermit
12-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Get WB bungs installed when you buy.

What is this "WB" bung? Are you talking about for the o2 sensor? I already ordered my Kooks headers and just waiting for them to show up.

IXLR8
12-21-2008, 12:59 PM
What is this "WB" bung? Are you talking about for the o2 sensor? I already ordered my Kooks headers and just waiting for them to show up.

WB = Wideband
Bung = attachment point

At some time after you get all of these fancy gadgets installed, you will want a quality tune. The attachment of a wideband sensor will insure proper air/fuel mixture. It is far more sensitive than the factory O2 sensors.