PDA

View Full Version : Need a little Crazy Paul assistance.

OLD_GOAT
04-13-2011, 07:16 PM
I've had about 2 or 3 of these replaced and I'm in need of another. I'm 99% sure warranty will cover this part, but I'm curious if this part is hard to get and how much it costs.

C6585 cover, reclining seat back control hinge driver outer.
Also listed is 92207874 panel

Is there some sort of memo sent out on this part and has anybody else had any problems with this switch cover? It looks like some plastic part that seems to go into the body of the seat is broken.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Crazy Paul
04-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi Jim,
I've researched this side seat cover before. It's technically a left hand drive Pontiac part, but may be used on Police cars here in Oz.
If you search the Part Number on any G8 site you'll find many stories about these breaking.
The Part here in Oz is listed as "not for domestic sale", meaning I can't buy any from Holden.
Stock level at Holden is showing as zero (unless there's a secret stash set aside for North America)

The previous thread here:
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=16625&highlight=92207874

GM N/A retail price is $58.60.....google the Part No and find them selling for $41 + shipping

kevinm0131
04-14-2011, 11:12 AM
I've went through several and currently need another one. I had someone from an aussie seat cover company say that you need to put a screw through the clip from the inside, haven't tried this. Has anyone else heard of this or tried it?

OLD_GOAT
04-15-2011, 04:43 PM
I took the car in today for warranty work and they will have to order the parts needed. They have records from prior repairs.

I am a big fan of Holden cars, I have also owned a Pontiac GTO (2005) and never had a problem with that car. Somehow or another, the design for this seat part is pretty messed up. This is the only complaint I've ever had about Holden cars. I also found it hard to find a front bumper strip for the GXP, but Paul took care of that for me. The problem with that isn't the design (like the seat part), the problem was my parking. LOL

Crazy Paul
04-15-2011, 05:24 PM
The problem with the left front seat in Australia, from what I found out only affected (in numbers) cops with bulky accessories hanging from their belts, riding shotgun. If any of that feedback reached the Holden design team then you'd expect the Caprice PPV and Caprice detective cars to have upgraded parts on their left hand front seat. Especially if any feedback about this common failing part from normal G8 owners also reached Holden.
Hope the PPV Caprice seat has the same general seat design and number of levers on the side as G8.

The GXP front insert being not available to buy for close to a year is more of an internal Holden issue. I've seen it happen for about half a dozen parts that G8 owners use, when Holden change parts supplier there is a huge delay. From what I've seen there dont seem to be any contingency plans in the background in case a back-up or new supplier is ever needed.
2/3 or more of the delay seems to be in the Administration side of things, with the other 1/3 being in Set-up and Production. Once new parts are produced by a new supplier and pass all quality tests etc they do hit the shelves quite quickly.