PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Fender Roller in Indy?

Mjakaz09GXP
04-11-2011, 10:04 AM
So i picked up a set of ms camaro ss 20's and even with 275/30 in the back im hearing i will rub even at stock height? Anyone with a fender roller that knows what they're doing that can help me do it? Ill buy ya lunch or something. I've never done this b4 and cringe at the thot of doing this and possibly cracking the paint or what not. Anyone with an actual fender roller, not a pipe or bat haha!

Id appreciate it a lot, i really want to get these wheels on soon and dont want to rub at all.

Seattle09GT
04-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Well, I'm interested in this thread because I've heard that the stock 20 X 8 front and 20 X 9 rear don't rub on the G8 unless you have a steer in the trunk.

Mjakaz09GXP
04-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, I'm interested in this thread because I've heard that the stock 20 X 8 front and 20 X 9 rear don't rub on the G8 unless you have a steer in the trunk.

That is what i thot as well but dont want to take any chances! Trust me id rather not bother!

G8GTKID
04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes I know someone who has one that I can probably borrow. Ill get a hold of him for you. PM me with your location and I can give you a hand doing it. I just did mine about a month ago. Let me know. :thumbsup:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OrngG8
04-11-2011, 11:41 AM
So i picked up a set of ms camaro ss 20's and even with 275/30 in the back im hearing i will rub even at stock height? Anyone with a fender roller that knows what they're doing that can help me do it? Ill buy ya lunch or something. I've never done this b4 and cringe at the thot of doing this and possibly cracking the paint or what not. Anyone with an actual fender roller, not a pipe or bat haha!

Id appreciate it a lot, i really want to get these wheels on soon and dont want to rub at all.

Are you rubbing with passengers or without? What brand of tire are you using? I have Dunlops on mine and at stock height I have not rubbed so far even with some passengers.

Mjakaz09GXP
04-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Are you rubbing with passengers or without? What brand of tire are you using? I have Dunlops on mine and at stock height I have not rubbed so far even with some passengers.

I dont even have them on yet... ordered tires this morning, nitto 555 extreme performance 245/35 fronts, and 275/30 rear. Was just going to do as a precaution. IF its in fact not needed then i wont worry about it. I am going to wait until i get them put on prob first of next week since ill be in florida this fri thru monday..

travis gore
04-11-2011, 04:36 PM
you just missed the fender rolling party a couple of weeks a go in Indy

Mjakaz09GXP
04-12-2011, 09:36 AM
you just missed the fender rolling party a couple of weeks a go in Indy

Damn!! How'd it go? I may not even need to do it. I went by word of mouth.

Is the roller u used the kind that bolts to the wheel hub or what?

travis gore
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM

sorry I did not go. Anthony did. I think the guys from IGH did 7 or 8 cars. Big E has the tool to do it

G8GTKID
04-12-2011, 05:09 PM

Yessir it's badass!

Sent from my iPad using Thought Recognition

OrngG8
04-14-2011, 04:44 AM
Anthony had some rubbing with his wheels but I think they might be 9.5" wide. I have heard that some cars rub with the Camaro wheels and some don't. I am glad mine doesn't but it did not seem too hard to roll the fenders.