PDA

View Full Version : GXP Bembo Install

dukeofpg
04-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Just a few pics of the install. I forgot that my son had taken them on his phone, so here goes. And yes I cannot spell at 1:00am.

Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo

There now I got it right

skinsfangreg
04-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Couple questions for you if you don't mind. Will those spacers and lugs work with the stock wheels? If so what length studs did you buy? What size (depth) did you use? I did the brembo swap and would like to run my 19's in the winter. I have been told a 8mm spacer with a 70mm lug works but want to know for certain and want to buy the smallest of both I'm able to and still have clearance. Thanks in advance. Looks great by the way. I love the brake feel on the brembo's.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

dukeofpg
04-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Couple questions for you if you don't mind. Will those spacers and lugs work with the stock wheels? If so what length studs did you buy? What size (depth) did you use? I did the brembo swap and would like to run my 19's in the winter. I have been told a 8mm spacer with a 70mm lug works but want to know for certain and want to buy the smallest of both I'm able to and still have clearance. Thanks in advance. Looks great by the way. I love the brake feel on the brembo's.

I used a 73mm stud from NAPA. This is the total length.The thread length is 53mm. It is specified for a Mitsubishi Lancer. I had to go to two stores to find ten. I used a 1/8" spacer that I fabricated and then bonded it to the rotor with some heat sink adhesive. I just found some at the shop. Later I found out it was very expensive. So I played dumb when people started asking where it went. I use anti-sieze on the hub of the wheel to prevent rust from building up.As for the stock wheels, I have the 18". The brakes I received have the big round harmonic cough drops, so only 19" and bigger wheels will work. With these studs, you should be able to put a 1/4" spacer and still be okay. As for the feel, I love it. The modulation is better and my confidence is off the chart versus the stock PBR calipers. These are really an improvement and have good stopping power. I have owned driven many race cars as well as street vehicles with six piston and these are not far behind. For $300. it is a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

m

thebeast
04-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Any 5x120 spacer will work. I had the brembos with the stock 19s and they worked well. I used a 1/4 in spacer in the back and i think a 12mm up front. I also have longer wheel studs from crazy paul in australia.
But i have upgraded to the camaro ss wheels and still have the studs in. I need to remove them and sell them and reinstall the stock studs

shytownvl773
04-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Just a few pics of the install. I forgot that my son had taken them on his phone, so here goes. And yes I cannot spell at 1:00am.

Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo Brembo

There now I got it right

How hard was it to remove our stock studs?? Did they clear out just fine for you? If you dont mind what steps did you take to remove and install the studs.

Napalm
04-04-2011, 06:06 AM
So these are for a GXP? Or a camaro?

where do you get the spacer? I need to replace the brakes on the front of my g8 and i have the sport 19's so I don't really want to replace stock units if I can upgrade.

dukeofpg
04-04-2011, 09:08 PM
How hard was it to remove our stock studs?? Did they clear out just fine for you? If you dont mind what steps did you take to remove and install the studs.

One whack with a 3 pound sledge and they fall out

dukeofpg
04-04-2011, 09:14 PM
So these are for a GXP? Or a camaro?

where do you get the spacer? I need to replace the brakes on the front of my g8 and i have the sport 19's so I don't really want to replace stock units if I can upgrade.

I fabricated the spacer from a sheet of 1/8" aluminum that was in a scrap bin