PDA

View Full Version : Treat Yourself For The Holidays Porting and Tuning Special!

Fasterproms
12-17-2008, 04:44 PM
From today through the 17th of January we are offering a great porting and tuning special. Treat yourself or convince the wife/girlfriend that this would be a great gift for you and your LSx pride and joy.

We are now making our ported intake manifolds and throttle bodies available together for $325.00 shipped. In addition, if you would like a your vehicle tuned and optimized for this greater air flowing ability, we will do this for just $200.00 additional if you have HP tuners. Even, if you don't have HP Tuners, you can send us your PCM and we will do it that way. With this combo of tuning and fully ported manifold/tb you should see about 30 rwhp and 35 rwtq gains. Normally our intakes are $400.00, TB's $150 and mail order tuning $275.00. Done together for only $525.00, you will save $300.00. That's enough to still get the misses a little something extra nice while still packing in another 30 naturally aspirated horses under your hood. Not bad for $525.00.

The average gain for the LS2 intake manifold is 11rwhp/13rwtq. We have done over 325+ LS2 intake manifolds, 90+ LS7 (18RWHP and 20RWTQ), 35+ LS3 & L76s (12RWHP and 15RWTQ) and over 325 TB's.
We have had many cars gain much more than the averages listed.
20RWHP from an LS2, 32RWHP for an LS7, and 30RWHP from a L76 and 22RWHP from an LS3, 35RWHP from a FAST.
When porting the TB you will see greatly improved throttle response and bottom end/mid range Tq feel and a significant seat of the pants gain. Our manifolds are very thoroughly ported not only in the runners (like some do) but also much of the plenum and TB flange are enlarged in order to support more airflow in the upper RPM. The larger the air reservoir the less likely to deplete more volume in the upper RPMs. Hence the OEM difference of the '00 LS1 intake vs the '01 LS6 intake.

Here are some graphs of some cars that we dynoed, tuned, and swapped the intakes and TBs. Some are direct A-B swaps and show the results. Some are Base runs then a rough tune and then we swap the intake and TB, and then fully optimize the tune.

1st is a Stk 07 LS7 ported and tuned: 1st is base, 2nd is base tune, 3rd is ported and tuned completely.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/juicedss262/07LS7BaseTuneandPorted.jpg

Here is a bolt-on 07 LS7 (w/ headers CA)I base tune and then ported and tuned.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/juicedss262/07LS7basetunetointake.jpg

Here are two C6 LS2's with just cai and cat backs before and after tune and Ported intake and TB:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/juicedss262/C6stkLS2toportedLS2tuningtooptimize.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/juicedss262/C6stktuneandLS2manifoldtoportedLS2a.jpg

383 LS6 to ported FAST and nice set of heads:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/juicedss262/383stkLS6toportedFAST.jpg

408 LS6 to ported FAST:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/juicedss262/408LS6manifoldtoPortedFAST.jpg

Obviously the larger motors wanted the larger manifold more than a smaller motor but we have had an LS2 with one of our ported LS2s on it Put a ported FAST on there and pick up 22RWHP and 30RWTQ on a 6L bolt-on 07 vette.

If you want us to send you directly a ported intake and throttle body, a core charge of $550.00 applies, but it is refunded as soon as we receive your undamaged originals back.
Note: we do not port LS1 or LS6 manifolds as there are no measuarble gains associated with these manifolds.

To order, please call 813 476 7364 or Jeremy on his cell at 813 495 8778.
If your are shipping your intake and throttle body and/or PCM to us, the address is :
19103 Sunlake Blvd
Lutz, Fl. 33558

Turn around time is typically less than two business days for those of you who ship yours to us.

MGMG8GT
12-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Wow, that's a pretty good deal.

GRRRR8
12-18-2008, 06:50 AM
I am telling everybody to snatch this deal up! We might not see this deal until next X-mas!

wreckwriter
12-18-2008, 06:58 AM
I paid 400 for mine, this is an excellent deal. Jeremy Formato is generally known as the best porter in the business.

MGMG8GT
12-18-2008, 08:48 AM
I'd jump on this right now if oil wasn't down to 37 a barrel. Hopefully once it levels out/goes back on the rise, I'll pick this up.

wreckwriter
12-18-2008, 08:57 AM
You invested in oil?

MGMG8GT
12-18-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm an exploration oriented petroleum geologist for an independent oil company. So yes, I'm slightly invested. :devil:

wreckwriter
12-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm an exploration petroleum geologist for an independent oil company. So yes, I'm slightly invested. :devil:

Gotcha.

Fasterproms
12-18-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm an exploration oriented petroleum geologist for an independent oil company. So yes, I'm slightly invested. :devil:

Not quite as commited as the turkey at Thanksgiving dinner, but you certainly are invested lol.:)

Fasterproms
12-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Wanted to show how the first G8 we did responded to Jeremy's tuning and ported intake and throttle body. This car had a cold air intake and cat back:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/juicedss262/g8b4andaftertuneandintake.jpg

Picked up 43 rwhp and 35 rwtq. :woohoo:

Fasterproms
12-20-2008, 04:27 AM
To order, please call 813 476 7364 or Jeremy on his cell at 813 495 8778.
If your are shipping your intake and throttle body and/or PCM to us, the address is :
19103 Sunlake Blvd
Lutz, Fl. 33558

Turn around time is typically less than two business days for those of you who ship yours to us.

GRRRR8
12-20-2008, 05:50 AM
Mine came yesterday! I will have it on tomorrow. Thanks Jeremy and Dan!

Tate
12-20-2008, 08:08 AM
What is the core charge on these?
Tate

GRRRR8
12-20-2008, 08:35 AM
$550 which is credited when they get it back. Some places dont charge it unless way too much time goes by and they havent got their core back.

GeorgeInNePa
12-20-2008, 10:39 AM
After I drop off Thing 1 and Thing 2 at grandma's house, I'm taking my intake off.

GRRRR8
12-20-2008, 10:40 AM
After I drop off Thing 1 and Thing 2 at grandma's house, I'm taking my intake off.

Thats Ok, I will race your ass right now! Lets see it 60 with no axles!:nah:

-Ray-
12-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm working on getting mine off as well. Got a call into Charlie.
I still can't get mine out. The injector wiring harness is too tight. Is there some special tool you need to remove the injector wires?
It's 25 degrees and my hands can only handle a few minutes at a time. Tomorrow is going to be worse at 9 degrees.

It's A G8!
12-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Charlie you should do a step by step with pix so we can do it ourselves.

GRRRR8
12-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Will do tomorrow! In G8 Boards fashion it will be a $39.95 video. LMAO!

GeorgeInNePa
12-20-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm working on getting mine off as well. Got a call into Charlie.
I still can't get mine out. The injector wiring harness is too tight. Is there some special tool you need to remove the injector wires?
It's 25 degrees and my hands can only handle a few minutes at a time. Tomorrow is going to be worse at 9 degrees.

I don't know if this helps, I know the harness is different on the G8.

Installation instructions and pics. (http://www.ls2portworks.com/Installation.html)

What are you having trouble with? The clips on the injectors or the harness hold-downs?

It's A G8!
12-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Will do tomorrow! In G8 Boards fashion it will be a $39.95 video. LMAO!

Have you paid vendor fee's?:devil:

MGMG8GT
12-20-2008, 06:30 PM
I personally would love some install guides with plenty of pictures for this and a header install. I have never done either one, but am interested in it.

I have all the desires of a gear head, but little of the mechanical inclination -- I think my brother got it all. He does stuff like put LS1's into BMW's without even breaking a sweat. I can put on an axle back, change the oil, CAI/TB's, short throws -- that's about it.

GRRRR8
12-20-2008, 08:35 PM
I personally would love some install guides with plenty of pictures for this and a header install. I have never done either one, but am interested in it.

I have all the desires of a gear head, but little of the mechanical inclination -- I think my brother got it all. He does stuff like put LS1's into BMW's without even breaking a sweat. I can put on an axle back, change the oil, CAI/TB's, short throws -- that's about it.

What is your location?

MGMG8GT
12-20-2008, 10:57 PM
West Texas

-Ray-
12-21-2008, 05:12 AM
I don't know if this helps, I know the harness is different on the G8.

Installation instructions and pics. (http://www.ls2portworks.com/Installation.html)

What are you having trouble with? The clips on the injectors or the harness hold-downs?

Thanks George. I understand the grey clips on the plastic hose in front of the intake. I should be able to do that now. The injector clips are a little harder. Looks like you need some pick to pull the blue clips up to pull them off.

wreckwriter
12-21-2008, 05:50 AM
I can't remember for sure but I THINK Jeremy only pulled grey clips to remove mine. He had it off in minutes.

-Ray-
12-21-2008, 05:56 AM
My injector wires don't have the grey safety clips. Just a blue clip that is a double sided clip. You need to lift both sides to get it off. Space is limited and it's cold. Gloves are required here today.

wreckwriter
12-21-2008, 05:58 AM
I wish I had watched him more closely.

-Ray-
12-21-2008, 06:01 AM
I appreciated it Tom. I'll get it off, no rush.
I do want to be careful. As cold as it is, plastic breaks very easy.

wreckwriter
12-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Yea, for sure.

GRRRR8
12-21-2008, 08:13 AM
OK! Intake off in 11 minutes! Everyone say "Fuck You Charlie!" LMAO! The gray clips on injectors you just side back and then squeeze the tab that is exposed. The white clips on the plastic hoses you just pull back a little and they disconnect. Slide intake forward and disconnect brake booster hose by squeezing clamp with fingers or pliers if you are not manly. lol I forgot camera as I was in a hurry to meet Dad for breakfast, but if anyone needs any info just ask. This was done with the STB in place. I could have done it in 8-9 minutes if I didnt have to work around that.

-Ray-
12-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Fuck you Charlie! :punch:

GRRRR8
12-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Done and roadtested. 1st off the car hooks best at 36-37 psi. Now on to the review. I ask that anyone that purchases this from FasterProms DO NOT POST pics of the porting. Extensive work is done to these intakes and unless Jeremy or Dan says its OK, I sat its NOT. It wouldnt be fair to them for someone to try and rip-off their hard work. Tip in throttle is fanastic! Throttle response in genereal is AWESOME! Doing M3 runs from 30mph to 6200rpms will shock you on the acceleration. Keep in mind my car is highly modded, but I did drive it before and after and this is why the air pressure was listed first! :) Fantastic product that met all expectations. Just think it hasnt been tuned for this or the headers yet. Total install time with posting, cigarettes, detail 1HR. Thanks Jeremy!

99-LS1-SS
12-21-2008, 09:43 AM
When are you going to post videos of your car Charlie?

GRRRR8
12-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Good question. I would guess when its done, but I may do a teaser in car video the way it is. I still have a little Pedders to do and the converter, but I think I will pull teh motor to do all the mods and slip the converter in while the engine is on the stand.

99-LS1-SS
12-21-2008, 09:49 AM
What do you have left to do that requires pulling the engine?

GRRRR8
12-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Well, cam, heads, oilpump(which requires pan removal) and replace rear main seal(barely seeping) If I pull the engine, I dont have to pull radiator a/c condensor to pull cam + if I see something on a stand odds are I wouldnt in the car. Plus I hate bending over with my back and all. I really think it will be faster. I wont have to pull all the shit on the bottom and the trans for the converter if I pull the engine. Since I really am going to push this hard for a few passes to try for low 11s I need to know it will do it!

mjduell2009
12-21-2008, 12:36 PM
OK! Intake off in 11 minutes! Everyone say "Fuck You Charlie!" LMAO! The gray clips on injectors you just side back and then squeeze the tab that is exposed. The white clips on the plastic hoses you just pull back a little and they disconnect. Slide intake forward and disconnect brake booster hose by squeezing clamp with fingers or pliers if you are not manly. lol I forgot camera as I was in a hurry to meet Dad for breakfast, but if anyone needs any info just ask. This was done with the STB in place. I could have done it in 8-9 minutes if I didnt have to work around that.

Going to go for the deal I think. Nervous about pulling the intake, can you post the step by steps for removal and installation please? I was nervous about the intake cover mod, but your help made quick work of it.

--Mike

GRRRR8
12-21-2008, 12:45 PM
If you are sending your intake, follow diections on the post you quoted. Other then that follow all the cover mod directions. Also send me a PM on the products used to paint your cover. I want to do something trick with the manifold itself, but I want no flaking/peeling etc. I will do that when I do the heads and cam.

GeorgeInNePa
12-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Going to go for the deal I think. Nervous about pulling the intake, can you post the step by steps for removal and installation please? I was nervous about the intake cover mod, but your help made quick work of it.

--Mike

Take a look at the link I gave Ray, there are pictures.

;)

-Ray-
12-21-2008, 03:05 PM

--Mike

Don't do it when it's cold. I snapped off a plastic line. Any money I saved is now lost replacing whatever piece is broke.
My intake is now stuck in there since the plastic lines won't disconnect.

mjduell2009
12-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Don't do it when it's cold. I snapped off a plastic line. Any money I saved is now lost replacing whatever piece is broke.

Thanks! I actually would have ended up doing the same thing I bet. Really cold in my garage and I usually don't think of stuff like that. What piece do you need? Try GM Parts Direct for the part. I have great success with them and the prices are really good. Maybe I'll fire up the engine and get it hot for an hour or so before the removal.

--Mike

GRRRR8
12-21-2008, 04:16 PM

Call me tomorrow Ray and I will talk you through getting the lines off.

Fasterproms
12-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Late to the party here, long weekend, the Christmas party at Jeremy's wiped me out...or was it the tequila?

First off - Thank you Charlie for your outstanding endorsement. I now also see just how much you help the G8 community out with your tech advice and overall knowledge. Where were you when I started modding! lol

Sorry to hear you guy's are suffering in the cold...not so much an issue here at all. I just turned the AC off here at my house. The intake removal is really a snap, no pun intended. Here is a C&P for a GTO intake removal on Jeremy's Myspace page, as we've yet to write one for the G8, but very similar:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=95965974&blogID=411840971

GTO Intake Removal....

Tools needed:....

Ratchet or speed wrench....

8mm or 5/16" socket short well....

10mm socket deep well....

Medium flathead screwdriver....

Medium needle nose pliers....

Brake cleaner solvent....

Rag/ towels....

*Tips- Some connectors have light grey slip locks in them (TB, MAF, some injectors) squeeze the sides of the lock and slide it off and then you will be able to pinch the connector to remove it.....

-Towels work well as fender covers....

Instructions....

1) Disconnect and remove the Air intake system and MAF. ....

2) Disconnect the following electrical connectors: throttle body, MAP sensor(3 wire connector attached to the int manifold behind the TB flange), Evap 2 wire blk (close to oil fill), (The injector wire harness loom is held up by 2 plastic tabs on each side of the fuel rail. These can be removed by a flat blade screwdriver, and pushed back in when you are reinstalling.) Injectors, pull the grey clip up and twist it off and it will snap off then pinch the tip of the inj harness and pull up.) The hard blk plastic line is the EVAP. To remove push in the little white ring tab on one side and pull out, give her a slight wiggle and be patient ;). Remove both lines from the solenoid on the passenger side that crosses over to the driver side of the manifold just behind the TB flange. Disconnect the rubber u molded PCV hose on the passenger side of the manifold.....

3) Remove the 4 10mm Fuel rail Studs (There is a grounding strap holding down the front driver corner of the rail it is an 8mm intake bolt). Pry the rail up from the outside using the flat portion of the manifold as a leverage point. This should pop the injectors up out of the manifold. You will have to do this on both sides of the manifold. With fuel line attached to the fuel rail, lay it off to the driver side of engine bay. ....

4) Remove the 10 8mm intake bolts, this will allow the intake to be lifted to remove the vacuum hose and brake booster line in the rear of the manifold. Some require you to remove the 3 wire oil pressure sensor connector to get to the aforementioned hoses. Use the pliers to slide the clip back holding the brake booster vacuum line. ....

5) With the manifold off and the cylinder head intake runners exposed you will find oil in the ports. Any oil consumed lowers octane rating and thus increases the likeliness of spark knock. I use a rag sprayed with brake clean to remove as much oil as possible. ....

.. ..

This is my first instruction sheet on anything so please bare with me. I hope that this helps. Ultimately you are responsible for what you do to your car. I have never hurt or damaged any car using this procedure.

mjduell2009 you can also call Jeremy on Monday if you get stuck 813 495 8778.

G8 Ray - We may also have that piece, let Jeremy know what it is, and maybe we could send it with the intake and TB.

GRRRR8
12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
The only thing to add is the torx tip for the MAP sensor screw.

It's A G8!
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
How long did it take for you to get it from the time you ordered it?

-Ray-
12-22-2008, 03:20 AM
*Tips- Some connectors have light grey slip locks in them (TB, MAF, some injectors) squeeze the sides of the lock and slide it off and then you will be able to pinch the connector to remove it.....

You pull the grey ring off the connector?
I won't be working on it today, as it's still -3 degrees. I took a couple pics yesterday, I'll try and get them posted later.

GRRRR8
12-22-2008, 05:08 AM

You pull the grey ring off the connector?
I won't be working on it today, as it's still -3 degrees. I took a couple pics yesterday, I'll try and get them posted later.

All grey "slip locks" just slide back with your finger. Sometimes they slide all the way off, no biggie, once unplugged, just slide them back in goove halfway.

mjduell2009
12-22-2008, 09:10 AM
mjduell2009 you can also call Jeremy on Monday if you get stuck 813 495 8778.

You have a PM. I will call later if needed.

Thanks,

Mike

TheTugBoat
12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
hey if i mailed mine out say like tuesday or weds so you'd get it fri-sat, when would you think i would get it back...

G8GTlawride
12-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Ordered mine this morning. Spoke to Jeremy on the phone. Very personable and a pleasure to do business with. Since his company is only a couple hours ride away, might have them tune the stock ECM that sits in the tool box and see what we can tweak out of the car.

Thank you Jeremy.

It's A G8!
12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
I ordered mine today as well. I think this is an awesome deal!

-Ray-
12-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Looks like they may need to check this thread more often now. Nice to see you all ordering up.
It may be a couple more days until I get my intake off to you guys.

Fasterproms
12-22-2008, 03:34 PM
hey if i mailed mine out say like tuesday or weds so you'd get it fri-sat, when would you think i would get it back...

My thought is we would get it Saturday and have it done on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Ground shipping would probably get it to you Friday. The holidays will be the only factor making it take longer. Could be back to you as early as Wednesday depending on how soon we get it.

mjduell2009 - Pm replied.

It's A G8! THANK YOU!

G8GTlawride THANK YOU!

G8 Ray -THANK YOU too, take your time, no worries!

GeorgeInNePa
12-22-2008, 04:02 PM
How do you ship the manifold/TB? Are they bolted together?

Perhaps I should go for the "core" option, that way I can ship mine back in the package that the ported one comes in.

It's A G8!
12-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Perhaps I should go for the "core" option, that way I can ship mine back in the package that the ported one comes in.

Thats my plan.:woohoo:

GRRRR8
12-22-2008, 05:39 PM
They are in the same box, NOT bolted together.

G8GTlawride
12-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Are the intake manifold gaskets re-usable?

GRRRR8
12-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Are the intake manifold gaskets re-usable?

Yes, but the manifold comes with them.

G8GTlawride
12-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Thank you. I am sure you will get PM'd if there are issues with the install.

It's A G8!
12-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey Charlie can I go change it at your shop and if I run into any problems you'll help me?

GRRRR8
12-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey Charlie can I go change it at your shop and if I run into any problems you'll help me?

Just let me know! You come to the shop on a Sunday, you buy lunch, I install for free just to meet you. As an added bonus I will take you for a ride in my car.

It's A G8!
12-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Hopefully I will get this intake this week and I will let you know! I will take you anywhere you want to go eat. I pass by your shop all the time but haven't had the chance to stop by. Short lunch. Thanks for the offer.

GRRRR8
12-22-2008, 08:38 PM
I know how that is. If you stopped by and we started talking, neither one of us is going back to work! lol

Fasterproms
12-23-2008, 02:19 AM
Thanks for your help in here Charlie.

mjduell2009
12-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey Dan,
I'm all ordered up, thanks for the help. I talked to Jeremy this morning and got things squared away. I'll see when I can get that intake and TB pulled and get it down to you guys next month. Have a Merry Christmas.

Mike :woohoo::woohoo:

GRRRR8
12-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks for your help in here Charlie.

Just doing what I do! Glad to help everyone get more power! :woohoo:

Fasterproms
12-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Hey Dan,
I'm all ordered up, thanks for the help. I talked to Jeremy this morning and got things squared away. I'll see when I can get that intake and TB pulled and get it down to you guys next month. Have a Merry Christmas.

Mike :woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you sir, and hope your's is great as well.

GRRRR8
12-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Thank you sir, and hope your's is great as well.

Well I have 1 complaint, NO TRACTION now! lol

G8GTlawride
12-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Just got the intake and TB. Ordered Monday and Tuesday at my door! Thank you Jeremy, again. Now for the questions. Anything to beware of whilst removing and installing the intake? Any sealant for the manifold itself or lube for the injector O rings? I think I have asked this before but as I age, I CRS, so is the manifold or TB exposed to coolant? And most important, what is the torque and sequence for tightening.

Thanks in advance and wish me luck!

Stuart

GRRRR8
12-23-2008, 11:43 AM
No coolant or sealers required. Put a little dab of grease on injector o-rings and thats it.

G8GTlawride
12-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Alright, new intake on and torqued to specs. Now, can someone tell me what the torque is for the TB or is it that critical. BTW, some pics taken will post after test drive!

GRRRR8
12-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Alright, new intake on and torqued to specs. Now, can someone tell me what the torque is for the TB or is it that critical. BTW, some pics taken will post after test drive!

PM Sent

G8GTlawride
12-23-2008, 05:24 PM
PM Sent

Got it and THANK YOU!

It's A G8!
12-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Just got the intake and TB. Ordered Monday and Tuesday at my door!

Ah man!! You must live closer to them.

wreckwriter
12-23-2008, 05:46 PM

I think they about 100 miles apart, maybe less.

G8GTlawride
12-23-2008, 06:28 PM

Yea, I was surprised too. I only live a couple hours from them though. When I spoke to Jeremy, said he would get it shipped that day. I am very impressed with being able to call and speak to them. Had a question after hours during install and Jeremy resolved my question immediately.

G8GTlawride
12-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Well, got the intake installed. Not really difficult, but unless you have some experience it can be tricky. It took me quite a while to complete the project but that is because I have never worked on a FI engine so this was a first. There are definately some tricky procedures with this install. All in all, I am most impressed with the port work. I did take photos of the two pieces side by side but as requested (and I agree) I will not post them. But is is safe to say that there is a BIG difference in the two when looked at together! I test drove the car but not long enough to get it fully warmed up to test it. Will do that later.
My hats off to to Jeremy and Fasterproms. I will be seeing them after the 1st of the year to have them tune the stock ECM and dyno the car.
Here are a few photos of the install.

-Ray-
12-23-2008, 07:26 PM

The throttle body bolt torque is 89 in. lbs.

G8GTlawride
12-23-2008, 07:33 PM
One thing I did notice while installing the intake was the engine oil in the manifold and heads. Will that catch can you all talk about fix that? Can someone direct me to the post or thread that explains that device?

GRRRR8
12-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Yes the catch can will fix that. Congrats on the install!

G8GTlawride
12-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks, took longer than I would have liked, but no issues though. Now on to the catch can, that oil in the intake was concerning.

It's A G8!
12-23-2008, 08:51 PM
^^^Did you feel any difference in the response with the ported intake and throttle body?

-Ray-
12-24-2008, 04:45 AM
The temps will be near 60 on Friday. I'll get my intake out then.

G8GTlawride
12-24-2008, 06:53 AM
^^^Did you feel any difference in the response with the ported intake and throttle body?

Yes, the engine is quicker to respond to throttle input. I have not driven it hard yet. I drove it to work today but it is only a couple miles so not warmed up enough to run hard. I will though, soon enough.

GRRRR8
12-24-2008, 10:32 AM

My wife knows nothing about cars. I had her drive it and she called me giggling saying "what did you do?" I said "why?" She said" Its always been fast but the gas peddle reacts much faster"

There is your answer.

It's A G8!
12-24-2008, 11:03 AM
My wife knows nothing about cars. I had her drive it and she called me giggling saying "what did you do?" I said "why?" She said" Its always been fast but the gas peddle reacts much faster"

There is your answer.

Do you have a picture?

Hahaha!

GRRRR8
12-24-2008, 11:22 AM
LOL. I told her "take the car HOME" LMAO!

It's A G8!
12-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Are you available this sunday?

GRRRR8
12-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Are you available this sunday?

Will you have the intake?

It's A G8!
12-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Jeremy emailed me and he said it will ship out today. I am thinking it will get here on friday or saturday.

GRRRR8
12-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Let me know when you get it and we will make a plan.

It's A G8!
12-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Will do. Thanks again.

TheTugBoat
12-24-2008, 07:40 PM
dan can you guys send me the TB and IM ported and i send you back my stock ones? is that what i read?

G8GTlawride
12-24-2008, 07:59 PM
dan can you guys send me the TB and IM ported and i send you back my stock ones? is that what i read?

Yes that is the why the core charge. You send your originals back in the same box and the core charge will be credited back. Also, I think it is pre-paid shipping BACK to them. I removed their shipping label and there was a pre-affixed shipping label already on the box. Just re-wrap your old intake and TB (after cleaning) and tape the box (save the ghost turds) shut.

TheTugBoat
12-24-2008, 08:30 PM
yeah this is what i'm gonna have to do...i'll call you after the holidays dan. a week is too long for my car to be down but a day in the shop would be just fine...

-Ray-
12-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I finally got my intake off, thanks to record warm temps in Indiana. The downside of that is everything that was frozen is now sweating. Including the complete 6 car garage floor.
The piece that broke was actually the nipple off of the Evaporative Canister Purge Solenoid.
I'll get the replacement part.
I'll have these off to you on Monday. No rush on mine since the car is in hibernation.

It's A G8!
12-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Im still waiting on mine.:confused2:

-Ray-
12-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Im still waiting on mine.:confused2:

LOL, it was the holiday. :)

It's A G8!
12-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Yea, I know. I just get impatient when I have a new toy I cant play with yet.

BSmith
12-27-2008, 08:46 PM
I met up with Jeremy last Friday and got mine. Had him throw his mail order tune in for me too. Made the transmission shift a helluva lot better that's for sure. The car definitely seems quicker too.

Jeremy also spent somewhere between 10 and 12 hours with us trying to diagnose a friends car that he was going to tune. Car drove fine, the second it hit the rollers it started acting up. Gotta love Murphy's Law. Jeremy lost his ass on that deal.

G8GTlawride
12-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Yes that is the why the core charge. You send your originals back in the same box and the core charge will be credited back. Also, I think it is pre-paid shipping BACK to them. I removed their shipping label and there was a pre-affixed shipping label already on the box. Just re-wrap your old intake and TB (after cleaning) and tape the box (save the ghost turds) shut.

Update on the return shipping. The label was an old one! Not pre-paid! My apologies!

-Ray-
01-04-2009, 04:55 AM
I finally got mine boxed up, and will ship it on Monday. I had an exhaust project taking up my time.

It's A G8!
01-04-2009, 06:29 AM
According to the tracking #, UPS will deliver mine tomorrow!:woohoo:

It's A G8!
01-05-2009, 07:22 PM
:woohoo:It finally arrived after 3 weeks of waiting!!! Cant wait to get this sucker on!

HANNIBAL KING
01-12-2009, 07:06 AM
I will be giving them a call today :)

Fasterproms
01-14-2009, 08:04 PM
*Update* (1/14)
Currently we are out of cores but we have a running list of people that have prepaid and will get the discounted "special" even after it has expired. If you would like to get on the List please email to fastprom@tampabay.rr.com or call 813-476-7364.

BTW we are not requiring that you prepay to get on the list. If you give us your contact info by 1/20 and since we are currently out of cores we will honor the special price for you when the cores return.

If you would like to ship your intake to us please mark your initials on the bottom of the intake and TB. We do receive intakes daily and we can turn them around in about 2 days.
Our shipping address is:
19103 Sunlake blvd
Lutz,FL 33558

We have an instruction sheet that may be able to assist you in removing the manifold and TB. With the right hand tools we can pull them off in about 10 minutes or less.
Thank you and God bless
Jeremy Formato