PDA

View Full Version : Help-need to get GXP rims refinished- need suggestions on who to go to

warbird
04-01-2011, 11:06 AM
As the sig says I am in Lima, do any of you Dayton guys know of somebody good down there to talk to? Or if somebody in Toledo knows of a place could do that to.
My hope is somebody on here will already have worked with who they suggest or know somebody else who has. Thanks in advance.

MIEngineer
04-03-2011, 08:42 AM
There are 2 or 3 places in MI that I know of.

MIEngineer
04-03-2011, 08:43 AM
There are 2 or 3 places in MI that I know of....I will ask some friends in ohio for any info.

bowtiefan
04-03-2011, 09:09 AM
I know a place in Cleveland. PM me if interested.

warbird
04-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys, still hoping to find something closer, but if it fails will shoot PM's.

Jimmy Dean
04-04-2011, 08:59 AM
there's a place in Blue Ash that I almost went to for mine. i can't recall the name and they aren't sponsors here, so i couldn't post their link anyway. just google cincy/blue ash wheel repair

warbird
04-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Anybody familiar with The Wheel Warehouse in Dayton? Says they are an Acu-tru wheel repair rep? Located at 4600 Gateway Circle.

BlackGT5
04-05-2011, 07:44 AM
There are 2 or 3 places in MI that I know of....I will ask some friends in ohio for any info.

What places would you recommend in MI?

GXPaycheck
04-05-2011, 06:34 PM
How do you want them done? Same as stock or Chrome/black chrome?

warbird
04-06-2011, 04:06 AM
How do you want them done? Same as stock or Chrome/black chrome?
Same as stock, just need to have them stripped, and minor repair of alignment tool marks and 1 wheel with almost not noticable rash, repolish to better than factory and re clear coat.
Basically strip and repolish and recoat.

laserred
04-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Look up places that are approved applicators for Techline Coatings's stuff. Their Cermakrome is a ceramic coating that gets baked on like powdercoating but you'll never have to spend time polishing them after they're on the car. They are sandblasted, painted, baked, and then tumble-polished and highly impact and scratch/scuff resistant. I am a dealer for Techline's stuff but I don't have the tools or ovens to apply coatings on something as big as a wheel. Check out www.techlinecoatings.com, or even look into the DiamonDyze if you want to anodize the wheels. The DiamonDyze is so tough, they have a video of the coating actually ripping the teeth off of a flat file!! Plus it comes in colors, I know CanadianEh works for a shop that is an approved DiamonDyze applicator. Maybe he can help!