PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood Car Show - June 25, 2011 - Any Interest

Seattle09GT
03-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Any interest in entering as a group? We would need ten cars minimum - entrance fee is $25. I entered last year but more out of wanting a first class parking spot to look at the other cars.

If you've never done the Greenwood Car Show it is a huge event. About 1-1/2 miles of streets are closed off, over 700 cars last year on what was one of our only perfect weather days in Puget Sound last summer. Cars on display cover over 100 years of transportation and come from every continent, representing every single class of vehicles on the wheels. Literally cars from the 1900's to the 2000's - from exotics, collectibles, classics, kits. etc. All the shops, stores, and restaurants are open early, tons of goodies and give aways. This is not about trophies and prizes - this is more about celebrating everything about the car - and in a city that basically HATES cars and is doing everything it can to drive them out of the city, so I see it as an act of defiance.

I don't think we would need 10 G8s - but if we could get either 10 Australian derrived cars (GTOs and G8s) or 10LSx cars we could call ourselves a group and get parked together. Think of it as paying $25 for a first class parking spot for the day and then being able to wander around looking at incredible examples of iron and eating great food.

I was very lucky to be parked right in front of a bar last year, so I even wandered in a couple of times during the afternoon for a beer. Sun, cars, burgers, beer, horsepower - holy crap - what could be wrong about that!

christiancoach
03-30-2011, 01:47 PM
June 25th seems to be a popular date this year. The Greenwood show is the 5th thing on my calendar for that day!
I attended last year and was blown away by the amazing variety of vehicles represented. One of the best shows I have ever been to. I told my wife I was 100% doing this show in 2011, but seeing how many conflicts there are for that day, I think I am out.