PDA

View Full Version : Took the beast to the track for the first time (Summit Point)

draven
03-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Holy shit, what an amazing car this is ;)

Devilish34
03-14-2011, 08:11 AM
ok and ?

edmanet
03-14-2011, 08:13 AM
ok and ?

You beat me to it.....LOL

travis gore
03-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Holy shit, what an amazing car this is ;)

well sure the GXP is amazing.........................................bu t ????

draven
03-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Hahahah. Sorry, I didn't have anything really specific to add to that statement. Just couldn't believe how well it actually does around a track. I guess all that designing at the Ring really pays off when you get a chance to use it.

I got the opportunity to ride with an instructor in his '04 Z06. Other than the obvious fact that his car has such a weight advantage over mine, I was very surprised at how close the 2 cars were in turn speeds and lap times. He was able to brake later where it counted (i expect I'll be upgrading my brakes before the next track day), but exit speeds were very close for a lot of the turns. Tires will help greatly too, I think, as the stock all-seasons made a lot of noise and didn't inspire much confidence.

Anyone here have much track time with the GXP?

travis gore
03-14-2011, 11:54 AM
they do handle very well. the brakes will be a nice upgrade as well as tires and some swaybars

draven
03-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Swaybars? I thought the GXP package had sufficiently upgraded all that stuff from the GT setup... I plan on getting some pads and braided lines though, that should keep me from being so paranoid about fade.