PDA

View Full Version : Auto subscribe to thread: reply goes to quick reply now?

TurboMike
03-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Did something change on the board software in the last week or two? I have "auto subscribe to thread when replying" turned on in my settings, but it only works if you hit the reply button, not if you use "quick reply".

So I used to have to remember that if I wasnt already subscribed to a thread to hit "reply" and only use "quick reply" if I knew I was already subscribed. Thats worked for a long time, but in the last few weeks I've noticed that sometimes when I hit "reply" it just puts the cursor down in the "quick reply" box. So I cant reply, only quick reply. Is that something that changed recently? After a quick reply I have to scroll back to the top of the thread and go through the motions to subscribe to the thread so I see anyone who replies under me.

TurboMike
03-10-2011, 09:36 AM
(test) Hit reply to this thread, and it forces me to quick reply. No way to get to the normal "reply" screen that has auto-subscribe.

TurboMike
03-10-2011, 09:37 AM
(test2) Used the "reply" button for the individual reply (next to reply with quote and edit post) and same thing, it pushes me to the quick reply box.

TurboMike
03-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Weird, this still happens to me all the time on my work puter, but now that I'm on my laptop its normal. I wonder if I'm blocking something in Firefox at work.

Eidolon
04-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Go to Forum Actions -> General Settings and make sure your Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to some form of notification. Quick Reply will optionally subscribe you to a thread based on what you select for Default Thread Subscription Mode. Clicking "Reply to Thread" will, in my experience, always immediately pull up a quick reply box. If you want the full-on page with all the options at the bottom, click "Go Advanced" on the Quick Reply pane after clicking Reply to Thread.

TurboMike
04-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Its already set to Reply Daily. On this thread I hit "Reply to Thread" and it just popped the curser into the quick reply box. Doesnt matter on this thread since I'm already subscribed, but I've had it happen on non-sub threads and I'll either have to hit Go Advanced and type my msg there or after I hit "Post Quick Reply" go back up to the top and subscribe manually.

Not a big deal, just annoying. Since nobody else complained it could be my Firefox settings? (shrug)