PDA

View Full Version : ARH and WB02

Cobra
12-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Guys, if I go with ARH do I need to have a WB02 sensors installed and re-dynoed? If so I suspect that would be an additional cost and where do I get the sensors from.

GRRRR8
12-14-2008, 11:28 AM
If you have them put the bungs in the collectors, most tuning places have the widebands to tune it with. If they dont, get something compatible with HP because I assume that is what you are using.

Executor999
12-15-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm planning on ARH's too. What are WB02 sensors? :\

GRRRR8
12-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Wide band O2 sensors are used for tuning. Kirk already has a good tune for long tube headers.

Tom@ARH
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
We can add an o2 bung in the x-pipe for tuning purposes or whereever you want we usaually put them in the X because you can monitor both banks with one sensor. If you need this mention it when you order them.

g8_795
12-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Tom,
I currently have my LC-1 installed in place of the stock bung in front of the cats on my ARH setup. I want to put my stock NB back in. Do you think a competent exhaust shop could cut and weld an extra bung in place in front of the cat?

Thanks,
Robert

GRRRR8
12-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Tom,
I currently have my LC-1 installed in place of the stock bung in front of the cats on my ARH setup. I want to put my stock NB back in. Do you think a competent exhaust shop could cut and weld an extra bung in place in front of the cat?

Thanks,
Robert

Not to answer for Tom, but yes. Make sure you can find a shop that does GOOD welding.

Robert@KBXPerformance
12-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Tom,

Thanks,
Robert

As Charlie said that is a very easy deal. Anyone who has more than 10 minutes of time on a MIG welder should be able to buzz one on for you. Of course someone with more experience will be able to make it look allot prettier if you want. I always weld an extra bung per bank in any exhausts or turbo systems that I build for this purpose. That way if the person tuning it wants to monitor both banks and average them or even monitor them separate then they have the option to do so. The first thing I did when I bought my G8 was weld a few stainless bungs into each pipe before the cat so I could attach my wideband to it.

g8_795
12-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys. I am not a welder and was wondering about welding to the stainless steel.

I guess they will drill a hole and weld in the bung? Will I need to pull the exhaust system apart for this?

Robert@KBXPerformance
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks guys. I am not a welder and was wondering about welding to the stainless steel.

I guess they will drill a hole and weld in the bung? Will I need to pull the exhaust system apart for this?

You can weld stainless to stainless, stainless to mild and vice versa. It is no problem.

The shop will locate where you want the bung installed and then drill a hole and weld the bung on that spot. Whether the exhaust needs to be removed will depend on the location that you want the bung placed and whether their welder is able to weld proficiently in a vertical and overhead position.

Make sure that the bung is placed in either the 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock position or above. Do not have it placed below that because water in the exhaust can hit the heated sensor easier and shorten its life.

Tom@ARH
12-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks they pretty much covered it any shop should be able to do it. If you need a bung call us we have them in stailess like the rest of your system

SRG963
12-18-2008, 05:03 AM
heh heh

I need TP for my Bung Hole!

.....damn it Bevis, get away from the computer!

G8GTlawride
12-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks they pretty much covered it any shop should be able to do it. If you need a bung call us we have them in stailess like the rest of your system

That's why ARH is THE CHOICE!

GRRRR8
12-18-2008, 05:10 PM
heh heh

I need TP for my Bung Hole!

.....damn it Bevis, get away from the computer!

I am the great Cornholeio!