PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy hacked atari

Darkmanx
02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Where can i get my hacked atari programmed for a 08? im not sure gtprix does it anymore becasue he is not recieving emails , does anyone know if they still do them?

Seattle09GT
02-27-2011, 09:07 PM
JHP sells them - there seems to be a distinct dislike for JHP here - I've bought from them in the past a couple of items, no issues.

Darkmanx
02-27-2011, 09:10 PM
JHP sells them - there seems to be a distinct dislike for JHP here - I've bought from them in the past a couple of items, no issues.

the person that has the original idea programs them for 100 and jhp sells them for like 400 ! maybe thats why?

Seattle09GT
02-27-2011, 09:21 PM
the person that has the original idea programs them for 100 and jhp sells them for like 400 ! maybe thats why?

Ummmm...you're not telling the "whole" story here. Chris White will no longer reprogram the G8 gauges out of a '08 G8. They weren't avaiable on the '09 - so you have to buy net new gauges and wiring harness and then pay to have them programmed, right? The price that JHP charges is higher, but competitive to going that route.

I was the last set of '08 Gauges that Chris White reprogrammed and I paid a very high premium after begging him to do it; the shipping, cost of buying gauges, and programming from Chris pushed $340 for me, only $86 of that was gauge. (if someone is reading this - don't even think of asking him, he did this for me WELL over a year ago)

As far as this being an "original" idea the answer to that is wrong - the programming for the triple gauges was always in the gauges and became standard issue on certain model Holdens in 2010. The original plan was the triple gauge was going to go into the US GXP, the brochure was even published here. I am NOT diminishing Chris' work - but Chris unlocks the triple gauges already contained in the programming of the gauge set - he isn't doing something "original" or unique per se, or doing anything that JHP or General Motors then "stole."

Here are some official pics of the 2010 Holden Commodore.

http://www.carshowroom.com.au/newcars/2010/Holden/Commodore/SS/20100310144250623/2010/photo-gallery/

Notice the gauges?

Edit

Darkmanx
02-27-2011, 10:14 PM
I know nothin about this nonsense I just want to know if he still did them and you answered the q

TooManyHobbies
02-28-2011, 03:37 AM
I think Chris sells his version through Sellars Auto Sport and it is a little cheaper than JHP.

GTPprix
02-28-2011, 04:11 AM
The programming isn't in the gauges, never was never will be its a completely new flash with custom tweaks I make so they run correctly in a G8 since they were setup for slightly different BCM programming. The gauges for the 2009's are available from the ORIGINAL source; Sellers Auto Sport and include all the correct tweaks (and vin programming) to make them work in the G8. The version the OTHER reseller sells and likes to continue to deny the issues with them are NOT programmed with a VIN and not setup for the G8's specific changes which causes some bus not to mention they are brighter than all hell since they have the same dimming curve as the original 08's.

I DO still reprogram them for 2008 G8's, never stopped that. If you have a 2009 and bought a set of 2008 gauges unless you want to shell out buku bucks for my time right now SAS is your best bet.

BTW where did I stop receiving emails? My site contact us is open 24/7.

Darkmanx
02-28-2011, 04:58 AM
The programming isn't in the gauges, never was never will be its a completely new flash with custom tweaks I make so they run correctly in a G8 since they were setup for slightly different BCM programming. The gauges for the 2009's are available from the ORIGINAL source; Sellers Auto Sport and include all the correct tweaks (and vin programming) to make them work in the G8. The version the OTHER reseller sells and likes to continue to deny the issues with them are NOT programmed with a VIN and not setup for the G8's specific changes which causes some bus not to mention they are brighter than all hell since they have the same dimming curve as the original 08's.

I DO still reprogram them for 2008 G8's, never stopped that. If you have a 2009 and bought a set of 2008 gauges unless you want to shell out buku bucks for my time right now SAS is your best bet.

BTW where did I stop receiving emails? My site contact us is open 24/7.

Your site is close and your not taking pm's on here thats what I ment

GTPprix
02-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Yes and the site says " WAMS is closed during the week, for all inquiries as well as current hours of operation please use the "CONTACT US" Tab."

:)

youngrushhour
03-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Hey, Chris, how hard is it to remove the gauge cluster and such? I would love to get rid of the eye-searing red and saw you can make everything blue on them on the site. I know the radio seems easy, which I might get done eventually as well to get rid of the red.

Seattle09GT
03-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey, Chris, how hard is it to remove the gauge cluster and such? I would love to get rid of the eye-searing red and saw you can make everything blue on them on the site. I know the radio seems easy, which I might get done eventually as well to get rid of the red.

There are two excellent write ups on how to get to the gauges. That is the good news. bluejacket did a write up for installing a Garmin GPS into the dash - and gets into the R&R to the upper console to do that. I did an addendum write up (both of our write ups come with pics and specific instructions) on doing the Atari gauge removal/replace.

Now the bad news. If you've never done it before but are mechanically inclined 3 to 5 hours to do the whole thing (its about 2-1/2 hours by the book IIRC). You will need to remove glovebox, partial removal of the center console, removal of all of the console trim, center speaker cover and a number of connections. Interestingly, you do not need to remove the stereo beyond the faceplate and front mounting plate (the brain stays in place).

Also be prepared to need to replace a clip, or two, or three. I know some people to solve the searing bright problem have gone to tint shops and have them apply some tint over the display - easier, and effective.

I'm not saying don't do it - just saying it is going to be very time consuming. Another bit of advice - if you take the gauges out, I would just drive the car in that state (you can remount the faceplate to the Infotainment center for driving) and put it all back together when you're gauges show up. It isn't "hard" it is just very time consuming.

pokey
03-14-2011, 07:39 PM
^+1 I agree with Seattle09GT. PIA but so worth it! One of my favorite mods to date!..well worth the time and effort.