PDA

View Full Version : Putting parts on- how to?

jeffs42885
02-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey all,

I am going to be installing some of my new stuff this week since my starting problem was a loose connection (doh)

1) I removed the radiator brackets in the vararam instructions, and I cannot find the instructions. Can someone explain how to get them back on so I can install my roto-fab..

2) How do you get the clips out of the bottom of the deck lid, I want to install my carbon fiber spoiler..

Thanks in advance.

SLA
02-16-2011, 01:41 PM
I'll dig my instructions out for the vararam when I get home from work if someone hasn't responded by then.

G8GTKID
02-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Click link on very bottom!
http://www.vararam.com/g8.html

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Eidolon
02-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey all,
2) How do you get the clips out of the bottom of the deck lid, I want to install my carbon fiber spoiler..

I'm assuming that you mean the yellow clips that hold the spoiler on? If so...

Elbow grease and cursing. If you've got masking tape or painter's tape, I'd lay some down around the stock spoiler to protect your paint: less polishing to do afterwards.

Steps:

Open your trunk and remove the two black bolts on the outside edges underneath the spoiler. These hold down the spoiler.
Take a hair dryer and warm up the spoiler and metal on the side you intend to start on.
Start pulling. The spoiler will come up slowly but surely, and it flexes a bit, which lets you look under it to see each yellow clip that's holding it in, one at a time.
There's not enough room inside the trunk lid itself to let you get at the clips to squeeze them, but I found I was able to pull up the spoiler and then use a screwdriver (wrapped in tape to protect the paint) to push on one of the halves of the clip that I'd exposed. That allowed it to disengage.
Repeat for all five clips and your spoiler will come off.

The stock spoiler is in two halves: the outer shell that you see and an inner piece that's attached to the trunk and snaps into the outer shell. Mine came partially apart and, sadly enough, I'm not entirely sure I could get them back together. It's kind of a rough process for both the stock spoiler AND your fingers.