PDA

View Full Version : GF just landed a job at Bob Moore Cadillac in Norman

bradshow
02-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Kinda strange how it worked out. She went in for an administrative assistant postion and ended up landing a new car sales rep job. I thought the whole thing was weird to begin with but she's on a fairly decent base salary and of course gets comission on all sales, full training through Bob Moore corporate and full benifits after 90 days. She's the only female sales rep there and the youngest by at least 15 years. When I found out she was getting offered the sales rep job I did some reasearch and basically everything that I found is completely opposite on how they hire/task thier sales reps. Bob Moore is a huge, multi-dealership enterprise.

Anyways, if anyone locally is looking at a new Cadillac. Check her out, you can't miss her. lol

Also, if anyone is in sales please chime in with any guidance I can pass to her.

ps. I already tried to get a test drive in the CTS-V coupe, no dice.

WickedMom
02-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I sold cars for a little while. HATED it.

Sent from my amazing and awesome iPhone4

bradshow
02-12-2011, 10:55 AM
I sold cars for a little while. HATED it.

Why?

WickedMom
02-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Why?

Pay based on X amount of monthly deals is stressful. I was about middle of the sales board -- I made ok money but nothing worth the stress.

Out here were are so saturated with car dealerships that they will hire ANYONE with a pulse. Due to the 'survival of the fittest' train of thought. People who can't sell weed themselves out.

I'm sure there are more reasons, but I've mostly blocked the whole experience out. :) I was there 1 1/2 years.

There are some people who love it, but it was not for me.

black magic
02-14-2011, 02:13 PM
I sold cars for a whole 3 days. Fresh out of high school I went in there looking for a Make Ready job and they offered up sales. The dealership was a Chevy/Mitsu dealer and they put me on the Mitsu side. Convinced me that I'd be the only 18yr making $2k a month. So, I went and got myself a new set of shoes from Payless, a clip-on tie and a haircut (1992 = mullet got chopped). I stood in those crap shoes from 8am - 9pm watching everybody driving by to the beach. Not to mention the 'shark' mentality: when somebody pulled up, at least 3 salesmen would approach them. I hated it. Day 3, I left to 'get lunch' and went straight home to grab my board and I was on the waves in less than an hour. About the only thing good that came from that was the haircut. lol

bradshow
03-02-2011, 06:05 AM
She sold a car yesterday on her first actual day of being on the floor. I'm pretty darn proud. 1st day of the month, 1st sale of the month. New 2010 CTS, fully loaded premium. I think the sale was around $45k. Thats a lot of dough, lol. I guess their monthly quota for March is 80 cars between 8 salesmen. For such a small dealership, that seems like a ton of cars. I guess last summer the monthly average there between April and Sept was 98 cars.

Remikinz
03-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I work at a caddy dealer too!! Youngest girl here. Youngest sales person here. Did 11 cars last month. Working at Paul Conte Cadillac. I like sales and I dont like sales... some people can be especially cruel if they know you are new. On the upside people can be really nice when they know you are new. I think the most important thing is being in a good place. I am now at my 3rd dealership. First was Nissan then Infiniti now Cadillac and I have to say Cadillac has been the best so far and I plan on staying here a long time.

The cadillac brand is becoming more popular with the younger crowd with the new coupe and the outdated STS and the DTS are to be replaced starting 2012 with a brand new car set to be branded the XTS. The cadillac brand is only looking up so Im sure she will do fine as long as she keeps a thick skin and can handle the abuse us sales people get sometimes from customers lol

travis gore
03-02-2011, 06:47 PM
She sold a car yesterday on her first actual day of being on the floor.

good for her