PDA

View Full Version : Will CORSA make a G8 Exhaust?

jbradsh1
12-11-2008, 12:08 PM
In his reference to Kooks & Corsa, does or will Corsa make a full system including LTs or just cat-back? Anyone know?

MANOFSTEEL69
12-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm not real sure what exactly happened with Corsa. They were gung-ho at first then the economy dived and it's been real quiet. With the future of our cars and Pontiac in general up in the air, I would imagine things came to an abrubt hault. I'll send Gus an email and see what's going on.

GTPprix
12-11-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm not real sure what exactly happened with Corsa. They were gung-ho at first then the economy dived and it's been real quiet. With the future of our cars and Pontiac in general up in the air, I would imagine things came to an abrubt hault. I'll send Gus an email and see what's going on.

I ran into the same situation with the Cadillac CTS they just shelved it even AFTER making two prototype units (which the public saw) very strange..

MANOFSTEEL69
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Ok, here's the scoop. It will be a cat-back system. Pricing hasn't been locked in yet, but it should be finalized next week. For those with long-tubes....Be a little more patient....There's still something in the works for us ;) P.S. Jim is the son of the owner....

Jay,

Jim Browning Jr. here from CORSA.

Gus is on a temporary work force reduction. L

The G8 is ON!!! We hope that next week we will have our first systems shipping out of here!!!

Sounds like you have big plans for your car!!! Our system will be one awesome addition to what you are planning.

When you order a system direct, you will also receive a custom stainless plaque with your order. I have a attached a picture of the challenger plaque. We will just need your VIN number from your car for yours!!!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you with your order.

jbradsh1
12-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Very good! I hope they come out with a full LT system.

MANOFSTEEL69
12-11-2008, 05:59 PM
From the jest of my conversation with Jim, it is cat-back only, with the possibility of mufflers for those of us with LT's. Some info has to be run past his father and reapproval for a certain IOM to make the trip to Berea finally.... ;)

phyzik
12-18-2008, 08:28 PM
The best my research has come up with is to order the Corsa Db black mufflers from Jegs.... part number 255-8332541... Then just have a local exhaust place do a custome x-pipe, or just go to mideke or some place that does magnaflow exhaust and ask them to put in the magnaflow x-pipe but replace the mufflers with the corsa's you buy. If the manager is cool they will let you do that.

Here's a video with sound of a G8 with the Corsa Db black mufflers that has a magnaflow x-pipe. rp36pYAvPHE

jbradsh1
12-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Corsa Smorsa.

G8V8
12-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Retail is $1775. They will begin deliveries in January.

wreckwriter
12-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Retail is $1775. They will begin deliveries in January.

$1775 for a cat back????? You're kidding, right?

GeorgeInNePa
12-19-2008, 05:52 PM
$1775 for a cat back????? You're kidding, right?

This^

Must be made out of unobtainium.

wreckwriter
12-19-2008, 06:15 PM
This^

It has to be.

redhawk01
12-19-2008, 06:22 PM
the other site has a discussion going on this as well. 1800 bucks, it better be made of gold.

GRRRR8
12-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Corsa has never been the cheapest, just 1 of the best when it comes to quality/fit/finish. It will not drone either.

BobtheMonkee
12-19-2008, 08:15 PM
any idea how much the DB muffs will go for? How well will they fit to the magnaflow xpipe? any cutting or welding involved with that?

GRRRR8
12-19-2008, 08:21 PM
any idea how much the DB muffs will go for? How well will they fit to the magnaflow xpipe? any cutting or welding involved with that?

I would say yes to some fabrication as the MF catback does not hook up like the factory muffs do.

Andy@Livernois
12-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Corsa stuff isn't cheap... period, but every car we have ever installed it on makes me drool...

But 1800 retail... that doesn't mean alot, I would guess its going to be about 1480 when it starts shipping...

Trust me, there stuff isn't for everyone, but it's WELL worth the extra money, performance/sound/quality is unmatched in exhaust systems... Well Except for Kooks headers ;)

Andy@Livernois
12-19-2008, 08:28 PM

most Db mufflers range from 200-250 each... My guess is about 205 each for these...

bwooten492
12-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes its crazy expensive, but its CORSA. Look up the prices for their other systems. they are all high. If you want cheap stick with your magnaflows.

jbradsh1
12-20-2008, 03:26 AM
This^

Close. It's waytoomuchforacat-backium! Although the sound is delicious and the quality from the pictures I've seen looks excellent.

-Ray-
12-20-2008, 04:48 AM
I plan on attempting an axle back using Corsa mufflers. I'm sure Charlie will get the 1st set though.

MANOFSTEEL69
12-20-2008, 05:49 AM
Just be patient Ray...A muffler project is still in the works for us with LT's already. ;)

-Ray-
12-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Jay,
I bought a welder. I'll be making my jig in the next week.

zosoboogie
12-20-2008, 01:30 PM
what about axleback??

G8GT721
12-20-2008, 01:42 PM
i read on the other forum from the person that has the prototyple and he was told they will be making an axle back for those with headers

-Ray-
12-20-2008, 01:43 PM
what about axleback??

You miss post #21?

zosoboogie
12-20-2008, 05:26 PM
You miss post #21?

I did thanks for answering my question

68rustang
12-23-2008, 09:17 AM
I am the guy that had all the Corsa prototypes on my car. If you don't have LT headers and you are still running the large center muffler I really really really do not recommend doing just an axle back. The sound sucks, AFM drones and it is too quiet (like almost stock quiet) everywhere else in the RPM range.

If you have LTHs and you and/or are willing to turn off AFM then it might work.

phpd7102
12-26-2008, 02:05 PM
I have had 3 different Corsa systems on 3 different cars and although expensive they are the best around.

The customer service is second to none as well. I had a 2000 Vette with a Corsa catback, at about 3 years old one of the exhaust cans started to rattle. I called Corsa because the systems have a "lifetime warranty" and they without hesitation asked for my address and and told me not 1 but both cans were being replaced free of charge.

They replaced the other can as well because the rep told me they wanted to be sure the exhaust tips matched. Thats customer service.

The box arrived within 5 days and had a prepaid shipping label back to them because they wanted the old cans back so the could cut the bad one open to see what failed or where a weld broke inside.

The systems sound awesome, do not drone or resonate, and are a snap to install.

Andy@Livernois
12-27-2008, 06:34 AM
I have had 3 different Corsa systems on 3 different cars and although expensive they are the best around.

The customer service is second to none as well. I had a 2000 Vette with a Corsa catback, at about 3 years old one of the exhaust cans started to rattle. I called Corsa because the systems have a "lifetime warranty" and they without hesitation asked for my address and and told me not 1 but both cans were being replaced free of charge.

They replaced the other can as well because the rep told me they wanted to be sure the exhaust tips matched. Thats customer service.

The box arrived within 5 days and had a prepaid shipping label back to them because they wanted the old cans back so the could cut the bad one open to see what failed or where a weld broke inside.

The systems sound awesome, do not drone or resonate, and are a snap to install.

WERD!!! they take care of their customers very well... They are a great company to do business with...

BigRob
12-31-2008, 02:10 AM
bump! bump!!

-Ray-
12-31-2008, 03:29 AM
I'm working on it. LOL

MANOFSTEEL69
01-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I tried to sway Corsa into lowering their cost a little on their cat-back system, but to no avail. I do agree with Jim though, that if the system works as advertised they will sell some systems.
Jay,

Yes, we have announced pricing. $1774.99 is the cost of this Premium performance exhaust system. We hear people complain about drone from other manufactures…so what are they willing to pay for a system that makes power and doesn’t drone!

Paying a little more up front for a product that delivers what you expect verses a little less for something that will bother you every time you drive the car??? I think the decision is easy!

BigRob
01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
it's already out?