PDA

View Full Version : Lower panel: do we need it?

wreckwriter
02-03-2011, 04:51 PM
You know, the one most of us cut a hole in as part of the first GRRRR8 mod. Mine's in pretty rough shape and wondering what downsides there would be to just ditching it? What do you all think? Keep in mind my car isn't street driven.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-03-2011, 05:33 PM
It stops the water and slush from getting into the engine bay. But since your car isn't driven on the street that won't be a problem for you.

GeoffA
02-03-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd say it depends on how much you drive it. If your only a track car now I'd say no. It mostly protects from dirt and road debris. It might have something to do with air flow aerodynamics but IDK...

Devilish34
02-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Just the LP we all hacked up? No unless you drive in the rain snow ect

GRRRR8
02-03-2011, 06:37 PM
It does reinforce the lower nose piece in a stability way, but since you are track only it won't matter. I had mine off for a year and noticed no ill effects.

Devilish34
02-03-2011, 07:37 PM
It does reinforce the lower nose piece in a stability way, but since you are track only it won't matter. I had mine off for a year and 200 miles of driving and noticed no ill effects.

fixed :)

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-03-2011, 07:40 PM
lol!

Executor999
02-03-2011, 09:12 PM
fixed :)

Your fixed posts on Charlie's replies always make me LOL!

gr8lover
02-03-2011, 10:31 PM
I wonder if it would actually slow you down a hair due to the aerodynamcis and wind resistance.... Seems it might be better to somehow mock it so just a small area is opened up similar to the lower mod but in a different area and pipe the air up near your intake on your procharger.... you still looking at doing some kind of hood scoop to try to get more are to your Intake...????

-Ray-
02-04-2011, 02:45 AM
I wonder if it would actually slow you down a hair due to the aerodynamcis and wind resistance.... Seems it might be better to somehow mock it so just a small area is opened up similar to the lower mod but in a different area and pipe the air up near your intake on your procharger.... you still looking at doing some kind of hood scoop to try to get more are to your Intake...????

I tend to agree with this.

wreckwriter
02-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Still thinking on this. Biggest issue is that the plastic air dam things are all tore up due to my unusual method of tying down on the trailer. I might just cut what little is left of them off.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-04-2011, 10:33 AM
If it's all torn up then you might as well remove it since there's very little it's doing for aerodynamics.

Slizzo
02-04-2011, 09:14 PM
I just got a half inch drill bit and drilled out the plastic backing on the drivers lower grill. Did that because it was quick and easy and I didn't have a hack saw to use to cut the plastic out outright. Seems to do the trick nicely and you cant tell it was done unless you put your face up to it. Also makes sure that the openings are small enough to keep the big stuff out.

Posted by iPhone via Tapatalk