PDA

View Full Version : How to Change Fog Light Bulbs

texn884
02-03-2011, 07:18 AM
I just noticed the my right fog light is burned out and need to know how to get to them to change them out.

Need instructions.

Thanks

TomPierce
02-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Front Fog Lamp Bulb Replacement

Removal Procedure

Disconnect the battery negative cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection

Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle

Remove the air deflector from the front end of the vehicle. Refer to Front Air Deflector Replacement

Disconnect the front fog lamp assembly electrical connector (1).

Important: Press the top and bottom of the front fog lamp bulb assembly to front fog lamp retaining clips (3) and pull rearwards to remove.

Remove the front fog lamp bulb assembly (1) from the front fog lamp assembly (2).

Installation

Important: When replacing the front fog lamp bulb assembly (1) do not handle the quartz envelope (3) of the front fog lamp bulb assembly (1). Wipe the quartz envelope (3) immediately with methylated spirits if it is touched accidentally or the performance of the front fog lamp bulb assembly (1) will deteriorate.

Important: Listen for an audible click to confirm fitting.

Install the front fog lamp bulb assembly (1) to the front fog lamp assembly (2).

Connect the front fog lamp assembly electrical connector (1).

Install the air deflector to the front end of the vehicle.

Lower the vehicle.

Connect the battery negative cable.

BlackGT5
02-03-2011, 08:14 AM
The way I did it:

1) Starting on drivers side (or pass side), turn wheel all the way to one side
2) Remove 3 of the push pins closest to you in the wheel well to gain access to fog light
3) Pull back trim, reach your hand into fog light area and remove the bulb connector by depressing the tab on top of the connector
4) Remove the bulb by depressing top and bottom tabs of the bulb
5) Repeat above for other side

terryscott621
02-03-2011, 09:26 AM
The way I did it:

1) Starting on drivers side (or pass side), turn wheel all the way to one side
2) Remove 3 of the push pins closest to you in the wheel well to gain access to fog light
3) Pull back trim, reach your hand into fog light area and remove the bulb connector by depressing the tab on top of the connector
4) Remove the bulb by depressing top and bottom tabs of the bulb
5) Repeat above for other side

^^^ This. What a PITA just to change out a bulb.

DarkPhoenix
02-03-2011, 03:49 PM
The easiest way to do it is to remove thefront lower grill, pull them out gently from the inside edge. They are just held in by little plastic tabs. Reach inside and reinstall the lower grills starting at the fog lights. Done!

vert
02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
The easiest way to do it is to remove thefront lower grill, pull them out gently from the inside edge. They are just held in by little plastic tabs. Reach inside and reinstall the lower grills starting at the fog lights. Done!
This is how I did it.

texn884
02-03-2011, 05:32 PM
I have the stupid license plate brick on the front so pulling the lower grill won't work. How about I just shoot them both out with my 1911 45, problem solved opps now I made two bigger holes. I think I will just turn the wheel and pop the pins.

Whom ever designed this one should be shot. Frickn engineers they never work on cars after they design them. :rant::repair:

Thanks

MoonPie
02-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Have the goddamn dealership do it under warranty for putting worthless fucking bulbs in the fogs. Goddamn cocksuckers.

texn884
02-03-2011, 05:51 PM
True, they had that plastic peice off when they replaced my control arms on the lift. Maybe I need one of those shop lifts in my garage.

vert
02-03-2011, 06:28 PM
have the goddamn dealership do it under warranty for putting worthless fucking bulbs in the fogs. Goddamn cocksuckers.
lol

travis gore
02-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Maybe I need one of those shop lifts in my garage.

lol don't we all

MongosG8
02-04-2011, 04:40 AM
have the goddamn dealership do it under warranty for putting worthless fucking bulbs in the fogs. Goddamn cocksuckers.

lmfao!!!

GXPaycheck
02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
How much were the new bulbs?

Eidolon
02-10-2011, 11:08 AM
How much were the new bulbs?

I paid $30 for one bulb at Hendrick Chevrolet. Then I found out that I could get them replaced under warranty. Then I decided to get HID fogs. So I've got a spare sitting around that I won't be using. It was rather a waste. So don't get them at Hendrick in Cary.

By the way, if you need just the one bulb, you're welcome to it.

texn884
02-14-2011, 12:53 PM
I got my new bulbs. This weekend I will install.

I got the Nokya Artic White bulbs and there are not many that are making the replacements for our cars unless you go with a stock bulb from GM and then you will pay thru the Butt for them. My set was $18.00 from SCS International.

MongosG8
02-14-2011, 09:17 PM
I agree .. the stealership rips you off for these bulbs. I had one blow out .. the dealer replaced it (not knowing it wasn't covered under warranty) they charged be a pretty penny to replace it.
Charged me labor & for the bulb. ..I was not a happy camper. Actually through a fit at the service counter at them for not telling me this to begin with. They credited me the labor.

No longer go to that dealer.

Mr09G8GT
11-21-2012, 07:13 AM
what was the part number for our lights? becuase they showed me two different kinds of bulbs. one with a wire n one without. ive been lazy as to pulling it off to check it so i was hoping to see it on here. so i can jus buy em n do it later.

TailG8er
11-21-2012, 08:03 AM
There are no wires on the bulbs, just the bulb and a socket for the plug.

KEV-O
12-11-2012, 11:34 AM
drivers side can be done thru the engine bay if you do not have the stock airbox or a rotofab. simply reach down and follow procedure for removing bulb
as for the passenger side i find the easiest way is turn the wheel to whatever position gives you more room to reach in to the fender well and pull off 3 of the push pins

If the dealership is charging you a fortune go with LED bulbs or even HID's

I'm currently running HID's for the last 8 months without any problem what so ever

KEV-O
12-11-2012, 11:34 AM
H16/5202

WoodburyMan
12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I did both driver and passenger side with stock intake. Undid the two screws or caps on the front fenderwell after turning the wheel all the way to the right for drivers and left for passengers. Pulled back the black fender liner and unplugged old one and put new LED ones in. Took 5 minutes. Incredibly easy.