PDA

View Full Version : Vector Motorsports' Powercal Cable and 3.27 gears.

wyldman
02-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Props to Vector Motorsports and their Powercal cable or, as it used to be known, the flash express. Two years after purchase and they update my files, no questions asked. Steve at Vector was more than patient in helping me get the right files and getting my new laptop up to speed. IMO they are getting G8 tuning down to a fine art and as far as I can tell, the shift points are right on. Unfortunately the weather has gone south so I haven't got to "test" it out as much as I like. My butt dyno sure notices a difference.

On the 3.27 gears, I can tell quite a difference in the car. I was almost afraid to get them after reading some posts on the subject about how some people couldn't tell a difference. Not so in my case. The car "feels " lighter as many have claimed and acceleration is way more drastic. When you punch it going down the highway, 100 mph comes so quick it's going to be hard not to get a ticket in it. I can only imagine how much harder it would launch had I gone with 3.45's.

To me, it all depends on what your after. I'm trying to make mine fun to drive, while keeping it as a refined daily driver which makes some long trips from time to time. I went from 1700 rpm at 70 mph to around 2000 rpm at the same speed. If your all about pulling some g's and don't mind the gas mileage, by all means go 3.45's. That or get a 5.0 Mustang :shiner:

travis gore
02-02-2011, 04:44 AM
That or get a 5.0 Mustang :shiner:

no don't do it:loser: :)
seriously though I am glad you are happy and Vector came through for you.
3.27 doe seem to be the right gear for most. little quicker and still not hurting the mileage much.

wyldman
02-02-2011, 07:02 AM
no don't do it:loser: :)
seriously though I am glad you are happy and Vector came through for you.
3.27 doe seem to be the right gear for most. little quicker and still not hurting the mileage much.

No Mustang for me. I've had to get in and out of them at work and I prefer my G8 all day long. Too small for me, plus its a Ford:puke:

whitehot09
02-07-2011, 01:33 PM
where did you find those gears?

Kermit
02-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Is Kirk still around? I pm'ed him on the first of this month and I see that the mail still has not been read. Should I be trying to get someone else there? I too will be needing a new tune once I get my maggie on but would like to know how it will work.

08G8V8
02-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Contact Steve.

Kermit
02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Contact Steve.

How? I went to a vector post and clicked on the name and did the option to PM which sent it to Kirk I guess.

08G8V8
02-07-2011, 04:39 PM
He's on the board here. You can email him at his work email: steve@vectormotorsports.com

I sent him a message last week about retune for the maggie, and he said they could send a base tune, then it would require going to a dyno to do log, send him the info, he sends an updated tune, you do another run and log, send it to him for adjustment, you upload, do a run and log.....until you get it dialed in.

He said the retune would be included, but you would need to find a dyno shop and coordinate renting it at a time when Steve could be there to adjust the tunes and get them back to you.

wyldman
02-08-2011, 04:45 AM
where did you find those gears?

I actually found these on the for sale section on this forum. Ebay motors usually has a few as well (look under 2010 Camaro drivetrain) plus there is always Pace Performance who sells them brand new.

whitehot09
02-09-2011, 06:04 PM
thanks

Kermit
02-10-2011, 05:31 PM
He's on the board here. You can email him at his work email: steve@vectormotorsports.com

I sent him a message last week about retune for the maggie, and he said they could send a base tune, then it would require going to a dyno to do log, send him the info, he sends an updated tune, you do another run and log, send it to him for adjustment, you upload, do a run and log.....until you get it dialed in.

He said the retune would be included, but you would need to find a dyno shop and coordinate renting it at a time when Steve could be there to adjust the tunes and get them back to you.

Thanks, I'll get with him to get the ball rolling once I get this maggi installed. :)

Steve@Vectormotorsports
02-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Thank you for all of the kind words here guys, as stated earlier if anyone needs to get a hold of me directly at steve@vectormotorsports.com