PDA

View Full Version : Any Dayton, Ohio enthusiasts?

JJhummus
01-31-2011, 05:26 AM
I just finished my cam swap and was curious, as I did mine pretty much on my own, if there are any G8 guys that like to wrench or discuss mods over beer, wine, etc... I have my tuner who lives in the GTO community, but I am looking for someone to hang while I make CF pieces or come up with creative ideas for mods or new pieces. My wife has finally let me go back to being a car guy, but now my car buddies have all moved away. I don't have a cool garage or shop, just a cool car and a drive to never leave something alone. THX.

Jeremy

TooManyHobbies
02-01-2011, 12:15 PM
We have a Cincy area group that talks mods and drinks beer. In season, we often meet up for test n tunes. If you PM me your email, I can get it to the head instigator to add to our mail list.

Jimmy Dean
02-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Be careful what you ask for jeremy. lol. A few guys who have been added to "the list" have politely asked to be removed not long after. :cheers: Speaking of which...it's been kind of quiet since the ring leader got a new job. LMAO!!!

kevinm0131
02-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Oh no, say it isn't so, Marty actually works now?

JJhummus
02-03-2011, 08:24 AM
It sounds like I should think about it. I am not sure how often I would get that far south. I am on the northeast side of Dayton. It takes me about 10 minutes to get to Kil-Kare.

G8 GT V8
02-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Oh, we hit Kil-kare too...

G8 GT V8
02-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah Kevin, actually work now:)

G8 GT V8
02-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Jeremy - the trip to Edgewater to meet up with us would be well worth it. We sometimes have as many as 6 or so G8s at the track. Some GXPs, some near stock, some cam'd, some supercharged...I probably have over a dozen G8 guys on the list, but it's like pulling teeth to get the majority of them to come out to the track with us. Then there's the good ol' "A-Team" that's always willing and ready to hit the track with me at a moment's notice, but it looks like you have met about half of the A-Team in this thread already :)

We're also trying to put together a meet up with some of the Indy G8 boys in the spring. Nothing tentative yet, but definitely a bunch of interest in meeting up.

PM me your email address and I'll add you to the list to keep you posted of events. You just might not want to send me your work email address because once a message goes out to the group, sometimes the responses grow exponentially and can fill a mail box up real quickly, but it's all in good fun. I do have at least one Dayton G8 on the list and he joins up with us when he can. Hope you can join us in the spring...

VegasNate
02-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Ah yes...Kil-Kare The old stompin grounds. Anybody want to drive a school bus on a figure 8 track?!

JJhummus
02-03-2011, 07:25 PM
I have been to the bus races a couple times. Surprised you know about it. Yea, I'm about 10 minutes north in Beavercreek.

VegasNate
02-04-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm from Xenia. I moved out here 7 years ago.

G8 GT V8
02-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Nate - I think you need to come "home" to visit and bring that Liquid Red G8 with ya and let us know when you do :)

kevinm0131
02-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Nate - I think you need to come "home" to visit and bring that Liquid Red G8 with ya and let us know when you do :)

I second that motion!

JJhummus
02-18-2011, 10:20 AM
COme on guys, I see plenty of cars running around the Dayton area. Granted I see alot of V6 cars, but that doesn't matter. Chime in even if you are a V6 owner or don't get out much. I am just trying to see who all uses the board from the area.

warbird
02-28-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm a little over an hour North of you. If you ever get a get together set up let me know. If any of those V6 owners are looking for GT rims have them get a hold of me.

JJhummus
03-04-2011, 09:32 AM
No problem, we can try to hook up once the weather really breaks. When did you get your Denali? My wife got hers several weeks ago, black on black, setup the same. I dropped my car off to my tuner to finalize the tune after the cam swap. We have the motor tune pretty well nailed down, but now we are trying to get the tranny to behave. I'll be in China till 3/21, so I probably won't be chatting until then.

J

warbird
03-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Got the Denali week after thanksgiving. Although really not a Dodge fan, kinda wish I would have waited for the Durango, all options I have + V-8 and selectable 4 wheel drive for about close to $5k less. Best description I have for the handling with the Bridgestone 20's is mushy and floaty. Good luck in China.

JJhummus
03-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Just getting backinto the swing of things. China was interesting to say the least. Any way, while I was away, my tuner did some tweaking on the G and we squeeked 368hp and 376tq after the cam swap. I picked up 44hp and 40 tq with the cam swap and it really made a difference in the seat of the pants feel. I am starting to work on the new wheels for this year, a pic of them is in my albums, if you want to look. I think I am going to go 19X10 and 19X9. They will end up about 5lbs per wheel lighter than stock, so I am hoping that will help put the power down and rev a little quicker.

Have you found anything to liven up the Denali? I don't mind it too much since it's the wife's car, but it is always changing gears because of the lack of ass!

J

warbird
03-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Glad you made it back safe!
Congrats on the tune.
It's my wifes DD too, hell she drives it like it weighs 2500# instead of the pig it is.
I threw a K&N in it, hoped it might offer slight improvement in mpg. They shoulda put V-8 option on these. Looks like a couple of guys on the Acadia forum chopped the exhaust and put there own mufflers on, but I dont think that would do anything other than make it sound like shit.
It's funny cause all the guys over there think the Denali has a "throaty' exhaust tone? Maybe it does over base Acadia but I'm hard pressed to consider it throaty.

JJhummus
03-29-2011, 09:12 AM
I agree on the V8, it funny that you get the Denali and it seems to be the biggest pig in the lineup. I wouldn't call the sound "throaty" either. I will have to checkout the site and see what is available for the pig. I wish this weather would finally switch. I miss not driving the car.

MIEngineer
03-29-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm in ohio every now and then. This week sometime but without the G8. Usually Cuyahoga Falls / Westlake area

Warbird...part received also. Will keep you posted!

warbird
03-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks MIEngineer. When you gonna post some pic's of the SX?

MIEngineer
03-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks MIEngineer. When you gonna post some pic's of the SX?

Here are a few pics I had on hand...sorry, forgot on the PM.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Saabaru25/PA221773.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Saabaru25/PA221769.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Saabaru25/PA221783.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Saabaru25/PA221778.jpg

warbird
03-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Man that looks clean.
Are the SS1 wheels factory, or did you swap out the SS2's for them? Unusual to see them on a '70.

MIEngineer
03-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Man that looks clean.
Are the SS1 wheels factory, or did you swap out the SS2's for them? Unusual to see them on a '70.

SS1 were standard on SX models and 442 models here or there. I wouldn't mind some 15x10 SS2 from vintage wheel though.

Probably going to bolt the cragars on it and go with 17" snowflakes on the LeMans.

Around 47 or 49k on it if I recall correctly. CA build. Oddly enough just like my LeMans.