PDA

View Full Version : ABS Fault

Flipped192
01-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Got some snow tonight. Figures I make it all the way to the home strech , after the terrible ride home. I struggled going up hill, turning the stability on and off shifting etc, and out of no where pops up the ABS fault. On my GTP abs issues = Wheel hub issues,
Any ideas?

Thank you.

GRRRR8
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Could be the excessive wheel spin or possibly snow/ice build up in a wheel. Check it in the morning when you drive it again.

owensmat
01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Mine popped on after I hit a curb on the right side. Repaired what was damaged, but the ABS stayed on. Possibly a subtle shine out of the front right tire. Hard to hear, but occasionally it's there. My mechanic thinks its a wheel bearing?

macvangelist
03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Bad news--it's the wheel speed sensor. I just had the issue last week and my car is at the dealer as I type this.

Depending on which wheel it is, the sensor is part of the hub assembly and would be covered under the powertrain warranty. The front wheels are all one unit but the rears are not. My dealer, for whatever reason, seems to think that the sensor is built into the hub assembly on the rear wheels and is covering it under warranty for me. I won't argue with them even though alldata says it is not and the sensor is available separately. :-)

Got some snow tonight. Figures I make it all the way to the home strech , after the terrible ride home. I struggled going up hill, turning the stability on and off shifting etc, and out of no where pops up the ABS fault. On my GTP abs issues = Wheel hub issues,
Any ideas?

Thank you.

AVIDMOTION
03-28-2011, 10:21 PM
I got the same issues, cant use dealer cuz I have headers, cats and tune.....If I knew which one it was I would change it myself, but can only find it with a tech II which no one around me can hook me up...

Flipped192
04-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Sorry I forgot to post back, It cured itself after about a mile of driving on solid road lol. too much slippage caused it i guess. Its been awhile now and no issues at all.

AVIDMOTION
04-02-2011, 04:28 PM
mine is still on, at 1st it went on intermittenly, then it went on and stayed on. Briefly it went off twice after I ran threw so standing water. its back on now and has not gone off.