PDA

View Full Version : Stock GT exhaust...everything but mufflers. Anyone need it?

RyeLou
01-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I'd like to get something for the headers and/or cats, but the rest I'm just looking to get rid of it. We have a company that will pick up our scrap metal if need be, but I figured I'd see if someone local needed the stock exhaust before I do. It's in Auburn Hills if someone is interested.

Just to clarify...this isn't really a for sale thread. It's a come take it if you want it thread, haha. I'll make a for sale one for the headers/cats when I get around to it. Or I might just scrap that too...who knows.

vert
01-08-2011, 02:47 PM
If you scrap the cats, let us know what you get for them. Some have received around 200 bucks per cat and I am looking for a scrap yard to buy mine. I need more mod money.

RyeLou
01-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I have a friend who owns a scrap yard. I sent him a message on another board. I'll let you know what he says.

vert
01-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks

RyeLou
01-10-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm bringing it in tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how much I get.

vert
01-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Looks like you will be trucking through the snow.

RyeLou
01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't mind that. I have to get down to Livernois anyhow to get it retuned tomorrow since the exhaust is done now. It's my day off, so no big deal.

RyeLou
01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Well, the snow held of for now anyhow.

I wound up getting only $15 per cat. I was rather disappointed. I would have liked to just keep them and sell them elsewhere, but I'm moving next week and don't feel like lugging them around. Whoever may have gotten $200 for the pair got a hell of a deal. I'm sure I represent the other end of the spectrum, but still.

bigtreepu
01-11-2011, 11:02 AM
they ripped you off. Cats are worth way more than that. Easily $150. Did you have headers you were selling or the stock manifolds?

vert
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
That sucks on the price, how did the tune go.

RyeLou
01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
they ripped you off. Cats are worth way more than that. Easily $150. Did you have headers you were selling or the stock manifolds?

I knew they were ripping me off. We scrap stuff through work all the time so I have a round about idea of how much they would be worth. The dropped the stock manifolds off with the cats for the same reason I didn't take the cats back. I don't want to have to move this stuff next week, and my next day off (other than Sunday) is the day we're moving.

RyeLou
01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
That sucks on the price, how did the tune go.

It was fine. I was just getting it reflashed so it wasn't a huge process. I was in and out within about half an hour.

Thanks to Rick if he reads this.

BlackGT5
01-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I'd like to get something for the headers and/or cats, but the rest I'm just looking to get rid of it. We have a company that will pick up our scrap metal if need be, but I figured I'd see if someone local needed the stock exhaust before I do. It's in Auburn Hills if someone is interested.

Just to clarify...this isn't really a for sale thread. It's a come take it if you want it thread, haha. I'll make a for sale one for the headers/cats when I get around to it. Or I might just scrap that too...who knows.

I have to stop by BT to check out your car now:thumbsup:

RyeLou
01-12-2011, 07:46 AM
I have to stop by BT to check out your car now:thumbsup:

Sounds good. It isn't much to listen to though. At idle you can barely hear anything different from stock. With the snow I haven't been able to do too much otherwise, so we'll see.

BlackGT5
01-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Sounds good. It isn't much to listen to though. At idle you can barely hear anything different from stock. With the snow I haven't been able to do too much otherwise, so we'll see.

Ok. I have some Solo axlebacks for you to try out when time permits. I think they will be too loud for you though.

RyeLou
01-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the "sound" of how my exhaust is now. I wanted something quiet...I was just saying it may be rather uneventful for most people who like the extra noise. It's loud enough for one of us to be able to tell there's something different, but if I took it to a dealership I'd be shocked if they had any idea short of seeing the headers.

NVR2FST
01-12-2011, 12:25 PM
How big is the mid-pipe? I'm not sure how I would get it home if it's too big. Is it at work or in Clarkston?

RyeLou
01-12-2011, 12:59 PM
The stock one? Right now it's all one piece from the cats back to just before the muffler. It's probably about 7 - 8ft. long.

sixt9stang
01-13-2011, 06:43 AM
I could really use the midpipe. Where are you located? Sorry if I missed it if you already said. Whoever had my car before me must have hit something under the car and dented the midpipe.

NVR2FST
01-13-2011, 06:44 AM
I'll like to grab it from you before it makes it way to the trash. I wanted to experiment with one, but would rather not chop mine up. Where is it located?

RyeLou
01-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Belle Tire in Auburn Hills, MI.

sixt9stang
01-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Dang. Bit far for me.