PDA

View Full Version : Squeak while turning

GEE8GEETEE
12-08-2008, 10:08 AM
I just noticed this morning for the first time there is a squeaking noise whenever I now turn my wheels left or right, but mostly when turning at a 90 degree angle or more. It did it all the way to work this morning while driving or backing up. Any suggestions on what it is before I waste my time taking it to the Stealership ?

Thanks,

GRRRR8
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
No reports of this yet or sevice bulletins. I will check one other thing and repost.

99-LS1-SS
12-08-2008, 10:28 AM
I doubt it's the brake pad sensor even though it sounds a little like that. I would be shocked if your car needed brakes already. Does it do it only in the mornings or all the time? Was it extra cold this morning where you live?

GEE8GEETEE
12-08-2008, 10:38 AM
This morning was the first time it has done this. It has been much colder previously than it was today, so I doubt it had to do with the temp. Car only has 2600 miles on it. It was still doing it when i got to work 30 minutes later if that helps too.

kirkatwork
12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
My car is doing this too. Only when it is really cold out (20 degrees or lower) I've taken it to the dealership 3 times and described the issue (creaks in steering left or right when cold) the first time they brought it inside of their 75 degree shop to take a look at it and were surprised when they couldn't reproduce the sound. The second time I made an associate come out and listen to the sound before I left the car, then they left it outside, but sitting in the sun and waited until after lunch ( warmed up to 25 degrees by noon) to look at it. The third time (8 degrees out) I made them come out and listen and they want me to leave it overnight so they can take a look first thing in the morning. I'm OK with that but they won't give me a loaner, so I am having issues with getting the car over there and still being able to get to and from work.

GEE8GEETEE
12-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I don't want to have transportation issues, but if the work will take more than 5 hours they have to give you a loaner FYI. It's in your warranty.

GEE8GEETEE
12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Also, not sure if it's a temperature issues or not. Today was the first time I noticed this, and it's been much colder than today over the past 3 weeks.

GRRRR8
12-08-2008, 11:58 AM
No other bulletins or posts anywhere.

GEE8GEETEE
12-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Eghhh......guess that means I gotta hit up the Stealership some time this week. Hate having to go there not knowing what's wrong is exactly wrong with it.

GRRRR8
12-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Eghhh......guess that means I gotta hit up the Stealership some time this week. Hate having to go there not knowing what's wrong is exactly wrong with it.

Doesnt that suck! You have to prediagnose your vehicle before you take it in for service.

jnak
12-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I am having a similar issue. I would describe it more of a grinding sound, not a creaking or squeaking, but it only happens when it's 0 C or colder out.

GEE8GEETEE
12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I noticed it when I first left work last night but haven't heard it again since. Gonna wait till it's real cold again later this week to see if it is a temperature thing as others have stated.

99-LS1-SS
12-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Maybe the hamster doesn't like getting cold...:eek: